Dorothy had already done the centerfold, Miss August. She had already done parts in "Fantasy Island" and "Buck Rogers". Things were moving fast for her. I became very fond of her. She was handling her public visibility very well. She was maturing very fast for 19. But, to me, she was just a friend. Understand? Just a friend.
“- John W. Burns, Jr. : Ok, I can handle this.
- Lawrence Baird: What makes you think you're qualified? This time he's jumping, next time he might be pushing others. He is a menace to society!
- John W. Burns, Jr. : Only if he falls on somebody.”
- Liaison Man: You mean for this "space race" you don't want our best pilots?
- Recruiter: I didn't say that. We want the best pilots that we can get.
“- Liaison Man: Right now the President's got his own problems with the Bay of Pigs, he doesn't want the astronauts' image tarnished. Nothing these guys do is gonna be called a failure... But you'd think the public'd know that they're just doing what monkeys have done?
- Chuck Yeager: Monkeys? Think a monkey knows he's sitting on top of a rocket...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Robin: You don't suppose he'd do anything crazy, do you?
- Geb: Like what?
- Robin: I don't know. Like, hurt himself.
- Geb: Not if it means mussin' his hair.”
“The Rolls is an investment, for me. It's an investment. I'm not into status symbols, like most people out here. It's an investment. Okay?”
“I can take a bragging Snider. I can take a conniving Snider. I just can't stomach a sentimental Snider.”
“- Consul Phil Putnam: Please try to understand. There are so many cases. They're all so important, and this isn't the only one we're working on.
- Ed Horman: It's the only one I care about.”
“- MacReady: Anyone messes with me... and the whole camp goes!
- Palmer: Don't argue with him!”
“- Lt. Finley Wattsberg: Be careful, sir!
- Maj. Asa Barker: Wattsberg, do you love your commanding officer?
- Lt. Finley Wattsberg: Well... yes, sir.
- Maj. Asa Barker: That's fine, because I love you, too.”