Entertainment quotes83 entertainment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“None of us has been in New York before. There are the Broadway shows - we'll have to find out how to get tickets. There's also a lot of street crime, but I believe we can watch that for free. We want the essentials. Dinettes. Complete bedroom groups. Convenient credit, even though we've been turned down in the past.”
“- The Kid: I ain't got time for your bullshit, Billy. What do you want?
- Billy: This stage is no place for your personal shit, man!
- The Kid: That's life, man.
- Billy: Life, my ass, motherfucker! This is a business, and you too far gone to see that yet! I told you before, you're not packin' them in like you used to. No one digs your music but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“An actor's job is to entertain and I'm glad to say that my films succeeded in that respect.”
“- James Gordon Bennett: I never liked your show, but I always thought the people did
- P.T. Barnum: They did. They do!
- James Gordon Bennett: Putting people of all shapes, sizes, Colours. Putting them on stage together and presenting them as equals, another critic might have even called it a celebration of humanity.
- P.T. Barnum: I would've...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maria Corvier: I just wanted to know how you feel about ballet?
- Chuck Rodwell: What?
- Maria Corvier: Ballet.
- Chuck Rodwell: Oh, ballet, Oh, I can take it or leave it. Of course, I haven't seen you, yet.
- Maria Corvier: You certainly haven't.”
“The entertainment industry is loaded with extraordinarily talented people. But the true, genuine originals, they're rare.”
“- Max Renn: Videodrome. Like video circus, video arena. Do you know it?
- Masha: No.
- Max Renn: It's just torture and murder. No plot, no characters. Very, very realistic. I think it's what's next.
- Masha: Then God help us.”
“This play is gonna bitch-slap Broadway like a cheap hooker at a gangbang.”
“I'm not going to fight! I'm going to entertain!”
“I never should have lent my name to this fiasco!”
- Mary: Well, the only other thing at the moment is a new musical that the RSC are doing.
- Dexter King: Er, what's it about?
- Mary: The Elephant Man.
- Dexter King: A musical of the Elephant Man? What's it called?
- Mary: "Elephant", I think - with an exclamation mark presumably.
- Dexter King: Pity the poor bastard who has to play the... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Deloris: We could pack this joint.
- Mother Superior: Through blasphemy? You have corrupted the entire choir!
- Deloris: How can you say that? I worked my butt off with these women! They've given up their free time to do this, and they're good! I mean, sister, we could, we could rock this place!
- Mother Superior: Out of the question!”
“- Wild Writer: What if the wife smashes him over the head, with a frying pan, and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?
- Father Writer: No, I don't think so.
- Son Writer: It's a family show!
- Wild Writer: Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?”