Entertainment quotes80 entertainment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- The Kid: I ain't got time for your bullshit, Billy. What do you want?
- Billy: This stage is no place for your personal shit, man!
- The Kid: That's life, man.
- Billy: Life, my ass, motherfucker! This is a business, and you too far gone to see that yet! I told you before, you're not packin' them in like you used to. No one digs your music but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- James Gordon Bennett: I never liked your show, but I always thought the people did
- P.T. Barnum: They did. They do!
- James Gordon Bennett: Putting people of all shapes, sizes, Colours. Putting them on stage together and presenting them as equals, another critic might have even called it a celebration of humanity.
- P.T. Barnum: I would've...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maria Corvier: I just wanted to know how you feel about ballet?
- Chuck Rodwell: What?
- Maria Corvier: Ballet.
- Chuck Rodwell: Oh, ballet, Oh, I can take it or leave it. Of course, I haven't seen you, yet.
- Maria Corvier: You certainly haven't.”
“The entertainment industry is loaded with extraordinarily talented people. But the true, genuine originals, they're rare.”
“- Max Renn: Videodrome. Like video circus, video arena. Do you know it?
- Masha: No.
- Max Renn: It's just torture and murder. No plot, no characters. Very, very realistic. I think it's what's next.
- Masha: Then God help us.”
“This play is gonna bitch-slap Broadway like a cheap hooker at a gangbang.”
“I never should have lent my name to this fiasco!”
- Mary: Well, the only other thing at the moment is a new musical that the RSC are doing.
- Dexter King: Er, what's it about?
- Mary: The Elephant Man.
- Dexter King: A musical of the Elephant Man? What's it called?
- Mary: "Elephant", I think - with an exclamation mark presumably.
- Dexter King: Pity the poor bastard who has to play the... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Deloris: We could pack this joint.
- Mother Superior: Through blasphemy? You have corrupted the entire choir!
- Deloris: How can you say that? I worked my butt off with these women! They've given up their free time to do this, and they're good! I mean, sister, we could, we could rock this place!
- Mother Superior: Out of the question!”
“- Wild Writer: What if the wife smashes him over the head, with a frying pan, and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?
- Father Writer: No, I don't think so.
- Son Writer: It's a family show!
- Wild Writer: Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?”
“Broadway! I haven't been so happy since we crushed Poland!”
“- Judge: Miss LaRue, just what constitutes a striptease?
- Rosette LaRue: A good constitution and a couple of zippers.”