“- Luke: Let him go. Bam, Bam.
- Dragline: Knock it off, Luke. You can't talk about Him that way.
- Luke: Are you still believin' in that big bearded Boss up there? You think he's watchin' us?
- Dragline: Get in here. Ain't ya scared? Ain't ya scared of dyin'?
- Luke: Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that?...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Cool Hand Luke” quotes(1967)
Plot – Nick Jackson is a wild rebel. Due to his intractable character, he's jailed in a labor camp, where he is nicknamed "Cool Hand" because of his knack to get easily into troubles. He tries to escape from the guardians but he fails for two times.
All actors – Paul Newman, George Kennedy, J.D. Cannon, Lou Antonio, Robert Drivas, Strother Martin, Jo Van Fleet, Clifton James, Morgan Woodward, Luke Askew, Marc Cavell, Richard Davalos, Robert Donner, Warren Finnerty, Dennis Hopper, John McLiam, Wayne Rogers, Harry Dean Stanton, Charles Tyner, Ralph Waite, Anthony Zerbe, Buck Kartalian, Joy Harmon, Joe Don Baker, James Bradley, James Gammon, Norman Goodwins, Chuck Hicks, Rance Howard, James Jeter, Kim Kahana, Robert Luster, Donn Pearce, John Pearce, Cyril 'Chips' Robinson, Eddie Rosson, Rush Williamsshow all
“Cool Hand Luke” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Koko: God, she don't know what she's doing.
- Luke: Oh boy, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's driving us crazy, and loving every minute of it!”
“- Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me with nothin'.
- Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.”
“Small town, not much to do in the evenin'.”
“You know, sometimes, I wished people was like dogs, Luke. Comes a time, a day like, when the bitch just don't recognize the pups no more, so she don't have no hopes nor love to give her pain. She just don't give a damn.”
“- Captain: You gonna get used to wearin' them chains afer a while, Luke. Don't you never stop listenin' to them clinking. 'Cause they gonna remind you of what I been saying. For your own good.
- Luke: Wish you'd stop being so good to me, Captain.”
“Hey, Lord... whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes.”
“That's my darling Luke. He grins like a baby but bites like a gator.”
“Now I can be a nice guy, but if you trouble me, I can be a mean son of a bitch.”
“- Luke: I can eat fifty eggs.
- Dragline: Nobody can eat fifty eggs.
- Society Red: You just said he could eat anything.
- Dragline: Did you ever eat fifty eggs?
- Luke: Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.
- Prisoner: Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here.”
“- Dragline: Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine?
- Luke: I thought it was a nice round number.”
“Is that your answer, old man? Well, I guess you're a hard case too.”
“Any man playing grabass or fightin' in the building spends a night in the box.”