Understanding quotes261 understanding quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“These are the true events of November, 1965, in the Ia Drang Valley of Vietnam. A place our country does not remember, in a war it does not understand.”
“If love is creation and death is destruction, I'm just the terrain in between. You don't understand time, no one understands time. Einstein was close when he said I was just an illusion.”
“- Lt. Leak: Captain, uh... there must be some mistake. I'm supposed to be in a Texas unit. Most of these boys are from New York and I just don't understand a word these city fellers are sayin'.
- Capt. George McMurtry: You don't have to understand them Lieutenant, they have to understand you.”
“- Phil Davis: My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left.
- Bob Wallace: When I figure out what that means, I’ll come up with a crushing reply.”
“Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gary: So, Sarah, how long have you two been a couple?
- Sarah: Oh, no! No, we're not. We just, we work together. I wouldn't, um, I wouldn't do that thing.
- Gary: I see. I thought I detected a certain chemistry between the two of you.
- Sarah: No. No way. No, that's not...
- Gary: Then again, I'm not the best judge of chemistry in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- La Santona: What have they stolen?
- Antonio Ricci: My bike.
- La Santona: What can I say? I can only tell you what I see. Listen: you'll find it straight away or not at all. Understand? You'll find it straight away or not at all. Keep your eyes open.
- Antonio Ricci: Where, straight away?
- La Santona: How should I know? Go and try to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I sort of fall in love with every character I do; you have to understand how they became what they've become, whether they're the ugly kind or the very beautiful kinds of characters.”
“There's a different point of view awaiting you if you just look up.”
“One thing you should know about Mary Poppins: she never explains anything.”
“- Firefist: How do you know what I want?
- Deadpool: Because I've been inside you. That came out wrong. I've been inside your shoes, which is also off-putting.”
“Michael Myers killed 5 people. And he's a human being, we need to understand. I'm twice divorced, and I'm a basket case.”
“You know who else I don't get? Vin Diesel. I mean, is he good looking? Is he Chinese, or what? I mean, I don't know.”
“- Louise Banks: The weapon is their language. They gave it all to us. Do you understand what that means?
- Colonel Weber: So we can learn heptapod. If we survive.
- Louise Banks: If you learn it, when you really learn it, you begin to perceive time the way that they do. So you can see what's to come. But time, it isn't the same for them. It's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I can see the pieces. How they should fit. How I want them to fit.”
“Trust me, you can, uh, understand communication and still end up single.”
“- Wat: I don't understand women.
- Geoffrey Chaucer: Nor do I. But they understand us. Well, maybe not you.”
“Music is all I really understand.”
“- Miles Logan: Don't you ever get all up on this thing?
- Carlson: I don't think I've ever gotten all up on anything, sir.”
“My name is Violet and I was born into a world you may not understand.”
“- Jacob Kowalski: You, uh, you know how to read minds?
- Queenie: Oh, don't worry, honey. Most guys think what you was thinking first time they see me.”