Understanding quotes267 understanding quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“These are the true events of November, 1965, in the Ia Drang Valley of Vietnam. A place our country does not remember, in a war it does not understand.”
“If love is creation and death is destruction, I'm just the terrain in between. You don't understand time, no one understands time. Einstein was close when he said I was just an illusion.”
“When I was your age, before I ever did the counseling, I could look at people, complete strangers, and see their whole lives so clear. But when I looked at each of my husbands, I never saw a thing. That's how it always is. Blind to my own life.”
“The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see.”
“- Lt. Leak: Captain, uh... there must be some mistake. I'm supposed to be in a Texas unit. Most of these boys are from New York and I just don't understand a word these city fellers are sayin'.
- Capt. George McMurtry: You don't have to understand them Lieutenant, they have to understand you.”
“All right. I understand. You've had a tough day. I can see how this could get a little depressing in here, couldn't it? This place isn't exactly happy.”
“If you know what's good for you, take those weapons home and burn them! And then think... think of this country and of the law that makes it what it is. Think of a world crying for this very law! And maybe you'll understand why you ought to guard it.”
“Some lessons can't be taught, Elektra. They must be lived to be understood.”
“- Evil: When I have the map, I will be free, and the world will be different, because I have understanding.
- Robert: Uh, understanding of what, Master?
- Evil: Digital watches. And soon I shall have understanding of video cassette recorders and car telephones. And when I have understanding of them, I shall have understanding of computers. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Phil Davis: My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left.
- Bob Wallace: When I figure out what that means, I’ll come up with a crushing reply.”
“Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Try to understand us. Don't judge, but understand us.”
“- Gary: So, Sarah, how long have you two been a couple?
- Sarah: Oh, no! No, we're not. We just, we work together. I wouldn't, um, I wouldn't do that thing.
- Gary: I see. I thought I detected a certain chemistry between the two of you.
- Sarah: No. No way. No, that's not...
- Gary: Then again, I'm not the best judge of chemistry in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- La Santona: What have they stolen?
- Antonio Ricci: My bike.
- La Santona: What can I say? I can only tell you what I see. Listen: you'll find it straight away or not at all. Understand? You'll find it straight away or not at all. Keep your eyes open.
- Antonio Ricci: Where, straight away?
- La Santona: How should I know? Go and try to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I sort of fall in love with every character I do; you have to understand how they became what they've become, whether they're the ugly kind or the very beautiful kinds of characters.”
“There's a different point of view awaiting you if you just look up.”
“One thing you should know about Mary Poppins: she never explains anything.”
“- Firefist: How do you know what I want?
- Deadpool: Because I've been inside you. That came out wrong. I've been inside your shoes, which is also off-putting.”