Ethnicity quotes300 ethnicity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's for sure a white man's world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I'll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th' ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a jackass. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you've gotta be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sheriff: Harvey, who is that fella son of a bitch?
- Harvey Hall: How's that Sheriff? I mean, which son of a bitch?
- Sheriff: You know the one I mean. The one over there shaking hands with that nigger.
- Harvey Hall: That's Big Bill Shelly, notorious Bolshevik. We drug him in last evening.
- Sheriff: Well, I don't know about no Bolshevik, But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I live in a castle, Tony! Alone. And rich white people pay me to play piano for them because it makes them feel cultured. But as soon as I step off that stage, I go right back to being just another nigger to them. Because that is their true culture. And I suffer that slight alone, because I'm not accepted by my own people 'cause I'm not like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“So if I'm not black enough and if I'm not white enough, then tell me, Tony, what am I?”
“- Rod Williams: I'm mad at you because you never take my advice.
- Chris Washington: Like what?
- Rod Williams: Like don't go to a white girl's parents' house. What is she doin'? Lickin' your balls or somethin'?”
“- Dean Armitage: You're gonna love this. My Dad's claim to fame. He was beat by Jesse Owens in the qualifying round for the Berlin Olympics in 1936. Those were the ones where...
- Chris Washington: Where Owens won in front of Hitler.
- Dean Armitage: Yeah, what a moment. What a moment. I mean, Hitler was up there with all those perfect Aryan...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Fair skin has been in favor for, what, the past hundreds of years. But, now the pendulum has swung back. Black is in fashion!”
“- Anderson: You know, if I were a Negro, I'd probably think the same way they do.
- Ward: If you were a Negro, nobody would give a damn what you thought.”
“Let me tell you something, man. There are black people everywhere. You remember that, okay? No place you can go in the world ain't got no black people, we was the first on this planet.”
What is an unalienable right if you are a negro? What does it mean, "equal treatment" under the law? What-what does it mean, liberty and justice for all? Now I say to these people, "Look at the face of this young man, and you will see the face of a black man. But if you look at the blood shed, it is red! It is like yours! It is just... like... (continue)(continue reading)
“Since 1967, the world has learned that there is not going to be real progress in the region until Palestine gets something back that they had.”
“It's hard for the American industry to see a Latin actor playing something that is not a gardener or someone in a cartel.”
“What do these South Americans got below the equator that we don't?”
“Have you lost your mind? I mean, how is it that you can disrespect a man's ethnicity when you know we've influenced nearly every facet of white America... from our music to our style of dress. Not to mention your basic imitation of our sense of cool; walk, talk, dress, mannerisms... we enrich your very existence, all the while contributing to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I played a lot of leaders, autocratic sorts; perhaps it was my Canadian accent.”
“Slavery is something that is all too often swept under the carpet. The shame doesn't even belong to us, but we still experience it because we're a part of the African race. If it happened to one, it happened to all. We carry that burden.”
“We're not just black, we're cops too! We'll pull ourselves over later!”
“- Joe Coughlin: Can you tolerate an Irishman in your crew?
- Maso Pescatore: This is America. I've lived worse.”
“- Mildred Hayes: So how's it all going in the nigger- torturing business, Dixon?
- Dixon: It's 'Persons of color'-torturing business, these days, if you want to know. And I didn't torture nobody.”
“I'm really excited about this generation of young women that can look at a screen and see some brown people in space.”
“- Madame Liang: I am happy to be both Chinese and American.
- Wang Chi-Yang: You are like the Chinese dish the Americans invented. What do they call it?
- Wang Ta: Chop Suey.
- Wang Chi-Yang: That is it. Everything is in it. All mixed up.
- Madame Liang: I like that.”