Compromise quotes36 compromise quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“In marriage, compromise nurtures the relationship.”
“The price hasn't been negotiated yet.”
“- Kara: I get what you're saying. I just don't agree with you. To me compromising is not faking.
- Tes: Fine. Then we'll just agree to disagree.
- Kara: Or we can agree that I'm right because that's a compromise.
- Tes: Tell you what: I'll fake it and we can agree on that.
- Kara: But you're compromising to agree on faking it. I can explain it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You let somebody move in with you, you make all these little compromises to smooth things along, and the next thing you know, you're on some macrobiotic diet and you're listening to Joni Mitchell.”
“Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don’t.”
“I have this kind of crazy philosophy that your grades should represent your grasp of the material and not your negotiating skills - which are amazing, by the way.”
“Art is something to be proud of. Art is no compromise.”
“- Albert Van Cleve: Marriage isn't a series of thrills. Marriage is a peaceful, well-balanced adjustment of two right-thinking people.
- Martha Strabel Van Cleve: I'm afraid that's only too true.”
“We negotiate, we demonstrate, we resist.”
“- Jerry Siegel: Who the hell is she?
- Christopher Marshall: I'll tell you who she isn't. She isn't like anyone I've ever met before. And she isn't a phony. I'll make you a deal, wonder man. You want me at the benefit tomorrow night? Then get her to go, and I swear to God, I'll shake any part of Maddox's body you want me to. Deal?
- Jerry Siegel...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you can't join 'em, beat 'em.”
“Can I sit between two people who hate each other? I like to come as a relief.”
“- Jack: Cut me some slack, Burt! All I did was a little negotiatin'.
- Burt: You did what?
- Jack: I cut us a deal! You help 'em catch one live Graboid, they give you back your huntin' license, over.”
“You think killing a man gives you the right to negotiate with me?”
“Fifty percent of something is better than a hundred percent of nothing.”
“- Danny Roman: You working?
- Chris Sabian: Sort of. I was negotiating a truce between my wife and daughter.
- Danny Roman: Then I'm proved to be easy by comparison.
- Chris Sabian: It wouldn't surprise me in the least.”
“Compromise is half faking. 'Cause if you weren't compromising half you would have it all. In which case you wouldn't be faking, you would be taking.”
“Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.”
“Don't negotiate my emotions!”
“It's a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one. You can tolerate a little compromise, if you're actually managing to get something accomplished.”
“You don't know the first thing about love, because you don't understand compromise.”