“Love in the Afternoon” quotes(1957)
Plot – Ariane, daughter of a private investigator from Paris that is currently following the wife of a banker on her husband's behalf, finds out that the banker is going to kill his wife and her lover, the American millionaire Flannagan. Ariane warns Flannagan about it but falls in love with him.
All actors – Gary Cooper, Audrey Hepburn, Maurice Chevalier, John McGiver, Van Doude, Lise Bourdin, Olga Valéry, The Gypsies, , Elga Andersen, Claude Ariel, Jack Ary, Marc Aurian, Vera Boccadoro, Paul Bonifas, Charles Bouillaud, Françoise Brion, Marcelle Broc, Jeanne Charblay, Odette Charblay, Olivia Chevalier, George Cicos, Gilbert Constant, Leila Croft, Valerie Croft, Janine Dard, Guy Delorme, Filo, Richard Flagey, Gloria France, Marius Gaidon, Victor Gazzoli, Grégoire Gromoff, Louis Jourdan, Gyula Kokas, Michael Kokas, Anne Laurent, Charles Lemontier, Audrey Long, Christian Lude, Léo Marjane, Eve Marley, Moustache, Bernard Musson, Mylos, Jean Ozenne, Jeanne Papir, Georges Perrault, Minerva Pious, Marcelle Praince, Jacques Préboist, Jean Rieubon, Annie Roudier, Monique Saintey, Betty Schneider, Michelle Selignac, Solon Smith, Sylvain, Alexandre Trauner, Simone Vanlacker, Franz Waxman, Audrey Youngshow all
“Love in the Afternoon” Quotes 13 quotes
“When a man sweats in the morning it's either because he's had a very good night, or a very bad night. Personally, I've had a very good night.”
“I think people should always behave as though they were between planes.”
“He who loves and runs away, lives to love another day.”
“- Ariane Chavasse: They're very odd people, you know. When they're young, they have their teeth straightened, their tonsils taken out and gallons of vitamins pumped into them. Something happens to their insides! They become immunized, mechanized, air-conditioned and hydromatic. I'm not even sure whether he has a heart.
- Michel: What is he? A...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is the city - Paris, France. It is just like any other big city - London, New York, Tokyo - except for two little things. In Paris, people eat better. And in Paris, people make love - well, perhaps not better, but certainly more often. They do it any time, any place. On the left bank, on the right bank, and in between! They do it by day,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frank Flannagan: What does he export and what does he import?
- Ariane Chavasse: Oh, he uh - he exports perfume and imports bananas. There's a fortune in it. Do you realize that for one bottle of perfume you get twelve bananas?
- Frank Flannagan: Twelve bananas for one bottle of - doesn't sound like such a hot deal to me.
- Ariane Chavasse:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ariane Chavasse: Working on a new case?
- Claude Chavasse: A client from Brussels. His wife ran away to Paris with the chauffeur. I have to find them; the husband wants his car back.”
“- Ariane Chavasse: Papa, you are a cynic!
- Claude Chavasse: I guess I am.
- Ariane Chavasse: You enjoy your work!
- Claude Chavasse: I guess I do.
- Ariane Chavasse: You'd enjoyed it even if you weren't paid for it!
- Claude Chavasse: I wouldn't go that far.”