Robert Duvall quotes
“I like the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory.”
“True love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. A man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.”
“- Don Vito Corleone: My wife is crying upstairs. I hear cars coming to the house. Consigliore of mine, I think it's time you told your Don what everyone seems to know.
- Tom Hagen: I didn't tell Mama anything. I was just about to come up and wake you so that I could tell you.
- Don Vito Corleone: But you needed a drink first.
- Don...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mack: I didn't raise my boys just to see 'em killed.
- Charley Waite: Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying.”
“I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less.”
“I don't trust happiness. I never did, I never will.”
“At this age in my life I've finally decided to settle down.”
“I'd rather die today and go to heaven than live to be a hundred and go to hell.”
“- Father Des Spellacy: He might have been there on a pastoral call.
- Det. Tom Spellacy: When was the last time you hung your pants over the side of the bed while making a house call?
- Father Des Spellacy: I admit, that's not the way they teach you at the seminary.”
“I may be on the devil's hit-list, but I'm on God's mailing list.”
“- Cole Trickle: This son of a bitch just slammed into me.
- Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he rubbed you. And rubbing, son, is racing.”
“- Harry Hogge: I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car.
- Cole Trickle: Hit the pace car?
- Harry Hogge: Hit the pace car.
- Cole Trickle: What for?
- Harry Hogge: Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there, I want you to be perfect.”
“Life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.”
You reckon how many people would live to ripe old age if we didn't go anywhere, 'cause transportation kills a lot of people. Yeah. What if the last thought in the world was, "God damn it, here comes a car across the center lane about to kill me, 'cause I had to get out at 10:00 at night for a roll of toilet paper. Well, I wish I would have just... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bernie's Doctor: Now don't overreact. If we go after it early, before it metastasizes to a bone, the majority of these prostate cancer cases are beatable.
- Bernie White: Go after it how?
- Bernie's Doctor: Irridation therapy.
- Bernie White: That's fantastic. That's wonderful, because... as it turns out, that's exactly the portion of my...” (continue)(continue reading)