Inheritance quotes45 inheritance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The mother's injuries are to be handed down to the daughter. The mother's failures are to be paid for by the daughter. The mother's unhappiness is to be the daughter's unhappiness. It's as if the umbilical cord had never been cut.”
“- Hela: Odin and I drowned entire civilizations in blood and tears. Where do you think all this gold came from? And then one day he decided to become a benevolent king. To foster peace, to protect life. To have you.
- Thor: I understand why you're angry. And you are my sister, and technically have a claim to the throne. And believe me, I would...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I die first, and I almost certainly will, you will be my sole heir. There's not much in the kitty, except a set of ivory-backed hairbrushes and my library of romantic poetry, but when the time comes, these will be yours. Along with whatever we haven't already spent on whores and whiskey.”
“- Kermit the Frog: Gee. A Studebaker. Where did you get it?
- Fozzie Bear: My uncle left it to me.
- Kermit the Frog: Is he dead?
- Fozzie Bear: No, he's hibernating.”
“- Alex Finch: Where did you learn to dance like that?
- Miranda Jeffries: I inherited it from my father.”
“We inherited our freedom. Now it's up to all of us to fight for it.”
“- Paul Buher: Do you know what exactly I do for Thorn Industries?
- Damien Thorn: Not really, Sir.
- Paul Buher: You should. You should know everything about the Thorn business. After all it will be yours one day.
- Damien Thorn: And Mark's!
- Paul Buher: And Mark's. Of course.”
“- Veronica Franco: My people are true citizens 700 years back.
- Marco Venier: A coat of arms does not an inheritance make.”
“I'm not saying Uncle Sam can kick back on a lawn chair, sipping on an iced tea, because I haven't come across anyone man enough to go toe to toe with me on my best day! It's not about me. It's not about you, either. It's about legacy, the legacy left behind for future generations. It's not about us!”
“- O'Brien: Do you consider yourself a man?
- Winston Smith: Yes.
- O'Brien: If you're a man, Winston, you're the last man. Your kind is extinct. We are the inheritors. Do you realize that you are alone? You are outside history. You unexist.”
“Let me get it straight. Your father was king. You were his only son. Your father dies. You are of age. Your uncle becomes king.”
“- Vince McCain: What about a small advance on my inheritance?
- Rod McCain: What inheritance?
- Vince McCain: I'm your son! You have to leave me something.
- Rod McCain: Why?
- Vince McCain: 'Cause you screwed up my whole childhood!
- Rod McCain: How could I have? I wasn't even there.”
- Mr. Rugg: To the "Save the Dolphins Foundation", $11million. To the "Save The Pumas Foundation", $1.2million. To the "Padigonian Wasps Foundation", $1.4million. To the "Dyslexic Dalmatians Foundation"...
- Carrigan Crittenden: The hell with the livestock. What did the old stiff leave me?