Jewels quotes64 jewels quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Lady Margaret Carstairs: [presenting her diamond] My husband gave it to me on our fifth wedding anniversary.
- Sherlock Holmes: 423 carats, isn't it?
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: The original diamond was over 700 carats.
- Sherlock Holmes: Really?
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: [to her son] Your father had it cut. Less ostentatious.
- Dr. John H....” (continue) (continue reading)
“The French are glad to die for love. They delight in fighting duels. But I prefer a man who lives... and gives expensive jewels.”
“- Joanna Eberhard: But, she had sparks coming out of her ears.
- Roger Bannister: That's the first sign.
- Joanna Eberhard: Of what?
- Roger Bannister: Cheap jewelery.”
“It is always the same: women bedeck themselves with jewels and furs, and men with wit and quotations.”
- Ryan Weaver: Are you married?
- Marshal Marty Douglas: Yeah, but I don't wear rings. I don't like jewelry.
- Ryan Weaver: You don't have to defend yourself to me. Was that a tough sell to your wife? The "I don't like wearing jewelry" bit?
- Marshal Marty Douglas: Weaver, I know you'd like to entertain yourself by engaging me in a challenging... (continue) (continue reading)
“- Tiffany: The ring. The one you left for me. I found it on the mantle the night you were killed. I've never taken it off.
- Chucky: Oh, that. The one I got from Vivian VanPelt.
- Tiffany: Vivian who?
- Chucky: Vivian VanPelt. I dumped her in the river, remember? That ring is worth five or six grand easy.
- Tiffany: You mean... you weren't gonna...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Carrie Bradshaw: So really, we're, we're getting married?
- Mr. Big: We're getting married. Should we get you a diamond?
- Carrie Bradshaw: No. No. Just get me a really big closet.”
“- Countess Chandra: How much?
- Gino Rossi: Six million.
- Countess Chandra: But that's ridiculous.
- Gino Rossi: It's at least worth thirty.
- Countess Chandra: It'll have to be split with at least forty percent of it.”
“- Julie: It looks so... new.
- Stu Miley: Well, that's because it is new!
- Julie: But the heirloom - your grandmother's ring...
- Stu Miley: What? You want a used ring?”
“- Cheryl: Well, after you left, he started getting into drugs and stuff. Things got really bad when he...
- Jack Spade: Well, what? Cheryl, come on!
- Cheryl: He started wearing gold chains, Jack.
- Jack Spade: Oh, God, no!”
16| From the movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring |
“- Frodo: What do you want?
- Aragorn: A little more caution from you; that is no trinket you carry.
- Frodo: I carry nothing.
- Aragorn: Indeed. I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.”
“I don't buy diamonds.”
“- Harvey 'Blind' Pew: I may be blind, but I have acute earing.
- Commander Clement: I'm not interested in your jewellery, cloth eyes.”
“Jewels are wonderful things. They have a life of their own.”
“It's all right! She just swallowed a little jewelry, enjoy your dinners.”
“Your name was Beaufort when he covered you with jewels and it's got to stay Beaufort now that he's covered you with shame.”
“- Francis MacMillan: Did you exchange your jewels and furs for food at the supermarket?
- Claudia Draper: Now isn't that silly?
- Francis MacMillan: Well, did you?
- Claudia Draper: No.
- Francis MacMillan: Well, then how'd you pay for your food? I assume you didn't live on caviar.”
“- Mr. Orange: What happens if the manager won't give you the diamonds?
- Mr. White: When you're dealing with a store like this, they're insured up the ass. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in....” (continue) (continue reading)
“You're just not man enough to wear jewelry.”