“Paths of Glory” quotes(1957)
Plot – During World War I, a French general orders to attack a German position. The brave and honest Colonel Dax thinks it will be a carnage but he's forced to execute the commands. When the attack fails, three innocent soldiers are shot.
All actors – Kirk Douglas, Ralph Meeker, Adolphe Menjou, George Macready, Wayne Morris, Richard Anderson, Joe Turkel, Christiane Kubrick, Jerry Hausner, Peter Capell, Emile Meyer, Bert Freed, Kem Dibbs, Timothy Carey, Fred Bell, John Stein, Harold Benedict, Leon Briggs, Paul Bös, Herbert Ellis, Wally Friedrichs, Halder Hanson, James B. Harris, Rolf Kralovitz, Ira Moore, Marshall Rainer, Roger Vagnoidshow all
“Paths of Glory” Quotes 6 quotes
“There are few things more fundamentally encouraging and stimulating than seeing someone else die.”
“- General Mireau: I can't understand these armchair officers, fellas trying to fight a war from behind a desk, waving papers at the enemy, worrying about whether a mouse is gonna run up their pants leg.
- Colonel Dax: I don't know, General. If I had the choice between mice and Mausers, I think I'd take the mice every time.”
“- Pvt. Pierre Arnaud: I'm not afraid of dying tomorrow, only of getting killed.
- Soldier in bunk: That's as clear as mud.
- Pvt. Pierre Arnaud: Well, which would you rather be done in by: a bayonet or a machine gun?
- Soldier in bunk: Oh, a machine gun, naturally.
- Pvt. Pierre Arnaud: Naturally, that's just my point. They're both pieces of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- General Broulard: It would be a pity to lose your promotion before you get it. A promotion you have so very carefully planned for.
- Colonel Dax: Sir, would you like me to suggest what you can do with that promotion?
- General Broulard: Colonel Dax! You will apologize at once or I shall have you placed under arrest!
- Colonel Dax: I...” (continue)(continue reading)