Shame quotes146 shame quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Charles Morse: You know, I once read an interesting book which said that most people lost in the wilds, they, they die of shame.
- Stephen: What?
- Charles Morse: Yeah, see, they die of shame. "What did I do wrong? How could I have gotten myself into this?”. And so they sit there and they... die. Because they didn't do the one thing that would... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rayon's Father: I suppose I should thank you for wearing men's clothes and not embarrassing me.
- Rayon: Are you ashamed of me? 'Cause I hadn't realized that.
- Rayon's Father: God help me.
- Rayon: He is helping you. I have AIDS.”
“Stop laughing at me!”
“There is no shame in being poor! Only in dressing poorly!”
“Shame is a wasted emotion.”
“Pride is not the opposite of shame, but rather it’s source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.”
“I am the heir to the throne of Zamunda. I shall not be shamed by my two daughters.”
“Miss Piggott! Please keep in mind that it's Sunday, and this is a Catholic country!”
“- Dr. Watson: Where's your self-control?
- Sherlock Holmes: Fair question.
- Dr. Watson: Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
- Sherlock Holmes: Thoroughly. This will take care of it.”
“We need guilt, Doctor. And shame. But not yours.”
“- Annabelle Lee: Did Johnnie enlist?
- Annabelle's Brother: He didn't even get in line.
- Annabelle's Father: He's a disgrace to the South.”
“Ladies and gentlemen of this Congress, it pains my soul to tell you that you have brought blood and shame under this great dome.”
“-Eli Sunday: We have a sinner with us here who wishes for salvation. Daniel, are you a sinner?
- Plainview: Yes. What do you want me to say?
- Eli Sunday: Oh, Daniel, you've come here and you've brought good and wealth, but you have also brought your bad habits as a backslider. You've lusted after women, and you have abandoned your child - your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Bashful, he's the one everybody forgets.”
“I'm going to retire, withdraw from public life, and become a hermit crab.”