Joe Turkel quotes
“- Pvt. Pierre Arnaud: I'm not afraid of dying tomorrow, only of getting killed.
- Soldier in bunk: That's as clear as mud.
- Pvt. Pierre Arnaud: Well, which would you rather be done in by: a bayonet or a machine gun?
- Soldier in bunk: Oh, a machine gun, naturally.
- Pvt. Pierre Arnaud: Naturally, that's just my point. They're both pieces of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lloyd: Women: can't live with them, can't live without them.
- Jack Torrance: Words of wisdom, Lloyd my man. Words of wisdom.”
“We began to recognize in them a strange obsession. After all, they are emotionally inexperienced, with only a few years in which to store up the experiences which you and I take for granted. If we gift them with a past, we create a cushion or a pillow for their emotions, and consequently, we can control them better.”
“By the second day of incubation, any cells that have undergone reversion mutation give rise to revertant colonies, like rats leaving a sinking ship; then the ship... sinks.”
“The facts of life... to make an alteration in the evolvement of an organic life system is fatal. A coding sequence cannot be revised once it's been established.”
"More human than human" is our motto.