“The Killing” quotes(1956)
All actors – Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Vince Edwards, Jay C. Flippen, Ted de Corsia, Marie Windsor, Elisha Cook Jr., Joe Sawyer, James Edwards, Timothy Carey, Kola Kwariani, Jay Adler, Tito Vuolo, Dorothy Adams, Herbert Ellis, James Griffith, Cecil Elliott, Joe Turkel, Steve Mitchell, Mary Carroll, William 'Billy' Benedict, Charles Cane, Robert Williams, Rodney Dangerfield, Franklyn Farnum, John George, Art Gilmore, Sol Gorss, Harry Hines, Kenner G. Kemp, Hal J. Moore, Harvey Parry, Richard Reeves, Frank Richardsshow all
“The Killing” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Val Cannon: Don't be greedy.
- Sherry Peatty: I'm not greedy! Val, I'm in love with you and if that's being greedy, then, I'm the biggest glutton that ever walked the earth.
- Val Cannon: Don't make it sounds so ominous. It sounds like you're gonna eat me alive.
- Sherry Peatty: I may just do that.”
“- Sherry Peatty: Darling, what are the two things in life you're most interested in?
- Val Cannon: What?
- Sherry Peatty: Money and women?
- Val Cannon: That's a nice way to put me down.
- Sherry Peatty: That sums it up, doesn't it?”
“- George Peatty: I've been kinda sick today. I keep gettin' pains in my stomach.
- Sherry Peatty: Maybe you got a hole in it, George. Do you suppose you have?
- George Peatty: A hole in it? How would I get a hole in my stomach?
- Sherry Peatty: How would you get one in your head? Fix me a drink, George. I think I'm developing some pains...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- George Peatty: Tell me something, will you, Sherry. Just tell me one thing. Why did you ever marry me, anyway?
- Sherry Peatty: Oh, George, when a man has to ask his wife that; well, he just hadn't better, that's all.”
“After all, if people didn't have headaches, what would happen to the aspirin industry anyway?”
“You know Fay, the biggest mistake I made before was shooting for peanuts. Five years have taught me one thing, if nothing else: Anytime you take a chance, you better be sure the rewards are worth the risk. Because they could put you away just as fast for a $10 heist as they can for a million dollar job.”
“- George Peatty: This couple, sittin' just in front of me, oh, they weren't young, exactly. I guess the woman was about your age.
- Sherry Peatty: A little senile, you mean? With one foot and a big toe in the grave?
- George Peatty: You want to hear this or not? Do you or not, Sherry?
- Sherry Peatty: I can't wait. Go ahead and thrill me George.”
“In this life you have to be like everyone else - the perfect mediocrity; no better, no worse. Individuality's a monster and it must be strangled in it's cradle to make our friends feel confident. You know, I've often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshipped, but there...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You'd be killing a horse - that's not first degree murder, in fact it's not murder at all, in fact I don't know what it is.”