“The Anniversary Party” quotes(2001)
Plot – Joe is a screenwriter while Sally Therrian is starting her acting career and they organize a party to celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary. By the pool, their friends and neighbors talk to each other, but the party suddenly degenerates.
All actors – Alan Cumming, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Otis, Steven Freedman, Norizzela Monterroso, Clara Demedrano, John Benjamin Hickey, Parker Posey, Phoebe Cates, Kevin Kline, Owen Kline, Greta Kline, Denis O'Hare, Mina Badie, Jane Adams, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Beals, Matt Malloy, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Michael Panes, Gwyneth Paltrow, Blair Tefkin, Anouk, Karen Kilgariff, Molly Bryant, Michael G. Carroll, Craig Chester, Christopher Lawrence, Jessica Queller, JR Reed, Sadie Frost, Matt McGrathshow all
“The Anniversary Party” Quotes 7 quotes
“These are not the windows to the soul, these are.”
“You can't do yourself in! Kids just rob you of that option!”
“I lost my husband and my beeper... have you seen either one of them?”
“- Mac Forsyth: You don't have any clothes on.
- Clair Forsyth: How nice for everyone.”
- Sally Therrian: We're fine! We're great! We're having a baby and we're moving to London!
- Sophia Gold: Well you weren't fine when you went all Sylvia Plath on me last summer in Connecticut!
- Sally Therrian: Not nice! Not kind!
- Sophia Gold: Ha! Not half so "not kind" as your husband was in his depiction of you in his novel!
“- Sophia Gold: Sally! His image of you is a possessive, fragile neurotic!
- Sally Therrian: But I am a possessive, fragile neurotic!
- Sophia Gold: No you are not! You are Sally Nash! You are Sally Nash, and you're my best friend for twenty years. And you're not going to move to London to have the offspring of some sexually ambivalent man-child,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sophia Gold: Oh my God! America just told me that the neighbors are coming!
- Sally Therrian: And here they are!
- Sophia Gold: Oh! And she was just saying how happy you were to finally have them over! Because the two of you are so... introspective and shy. Should have done it ages ago, basically.”