Jennifer Jason Leigh quotes
“I love Polaroids and I have a Polaroid camera collection from the '50s.”
“I cannot remember a time in my life when I wasn’t judged for what I wear or how I looked.”
“- Ted Pikul: Allegra, what if we're not in the game anymore?
- Allegra Geller: If we're not.
- Ted Pikul: If we're not then you just killed someone real.”
“Allie, he came in my mouth, and then he tried to beat the shit out of me because I wanted to tell you. You know... It was an accident. But... He deserved it.”
“This is a face only a mother could love. On pay day.”
“- Det. John Mackey: And what if it wasn't an accident?
- Selena St. George: Look. It's been 18 years. I don't know what this has done to you, but let me tell you, it's consumed me. I have lived with this every day of my life. Every day. I was wrong and I won't do it anymore. And if I can say that, my God, can't you?”
“- Dot: The guys paid a dollar apiece to find out if you're single.
- Lydia Callahan: Tell the guys I have five husbands, each one rich, mean and jealous. I'll be rotatin' them through on a weekly basis.
- Dot: That line will be all over the valley by breakfast.
- Lydia Callahan: Oh, just tell 'em I own a rifle.”
“- Anney Boatwright: Jesus, Glen. You don't know your own strength.
- Glen Waddell: I guess I don't.”
“- Ted Pikul: He wanted to kill you. That's two people in one day who wanted to actually kill you.
- Allegra Geller: I've never been more popular.”
“Did you know that identical twins are never really identical. There's always one who's prettier. And the one who's not does all the work. She used me, and... Then she left me. Just like you. Come on. Take them. Come on, Allie, it's nicer this way.”
“- Sam Callahan: Will you explain to me about women?
- Lydia Callahan: Women are right, men are wrong and that's all you need to know.”
“When you get to hell, John, tell them Daisy sent you.”
“- Sam Callahan: You're licking the mirror.
- Lydia Callahan: I'm makin' contact.
- Sam Callahan: With who?
- Lydia Callahan: Myself.”
“- Ted Pikul: We're both stumbling around together in this unformed world, whose rules and objectives are largely unknown, seemingly indecipherable or even possibly nonexistent, always on the verge of being killed by forces that we don't understand.
- Allegra Geller: That sounds like my game, all right.
- Ted Pikul: That sounds like a game that's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Michael Stone: I think you're extraordinary.
- Lisa Hesselman: Why?
- Michael Stone: I don't know yet. It's just obvious to me that you are.”
“- Lydia Callahan: Hank, honey, what's that Indian thing you're making?
- Hank Elkrunner: Macaroni and Cheese!”
“You really do choose your existence in a way.”
“I just don't plan things. I live a month at a time.”
“- Selena St. George: That is the last guy in the world you want to make an enemy out of.
- Dolores Claiborne: I ain't makin' one, I'm keepin' one.”
“If you sleep with a girl and afterwards she likes you as a friend, then she's always gonna like you as a friend and she's never gonna like you as a lover, and there ain't nothing in this hell-bitch world you can do about it.”
“- Allison Jones: You've been a good roommate. But it's just this is the man I'm going to marry. I want us to start our lives together.
- Hedra Carlson: Well, he will cheat on you again. That's a promise. And when he does, don't come running to me, okay? Because I've had it with you. You're so fucking weak!”
“You told me you were going to bring a smile to the hips of everyone in America.”
“- Susie Waggoner: So... are you gonna tell me about it?
- Frederick J. Frenger Jr.: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you about it. This straight life we've been living gave me a false sense of security. For a second I thought I was some kind of solid citizen or something.
- Susie Waggoner: All I wanna know is what happened to you.
- Frederick J. Frenger Jr....” (continue)(continue reading)