Husband quotes207 husband quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they're too old to do it.”
“How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?
“- Elzora: Some things are better left unsaid.
- Mozelle Batiste Delacroix: I paid you a dollar, old woman. Now tell my fortune.
- Elzora: I don't need no cat bones to tell your fortune, Mozelle Batiste. You are a curse. The Black Widow. Next man that marries you is a dead man. Like the others. Always be that way.”
“A husband is what's left of a sweetheart after the nerve has been killed.”
“- George Peatty: Tell me something, will you, Sherry. Just tell me one thing. Why did you ever marry me, anyway?
- Sherry Peatty: Oh, George, when a man has to ask his wife that; well, he just hadn't better, that's all.”
“Amanda, my love, why do you stay married to a legal beagle with ten thumbs?”
“I am a wife-made man.”
“- Maria Tura: You certainly don't want me to waste a lot of time giving you a long explanation.
- Joseph Tura: No, but I think a husband is entitled to an inkling.”
“Dear, I always say, a flawed husband is better than none at all.”
“Every man on earth has his leaving step. If my husband had been a small man, he would not have been able to leave me. But he was a large man, and stepped over me as I slept, one great stride.”
“- Lucy Chadman: Of course he may not be too thrilled to hear how No. 3 died.
- Jason Chadman: You mean... During...?
- Lucy Chadman: No. Just after. According to Kim he came and went.”
“- Eddie Valiant: Dolores, you need to find yourself a good man.
- Dolores: But I already have a good man.”
“- Christian Grey: Good morning, wife.
- Anastasia Steele: Good morning, husband.”
“- Miss Scarlet: Do you miss him?
- Mrs. White: Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.
- Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.
- Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
- Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
- Mrs. White: He wasn't a very good...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You seem to be taking it pretty good. I've seen 'em come in here, weep and wail like Baptists at a funeral. Like they hired me to prove their husbands weren't fooling around.”
“- Tracy Woodside: See, he doesn't speak.
- Brian Gilcrest: He just said a lot, actually.
- Tracy Woodside: What did he say?
- Brian Gilcrest: 'Check out my manliness, dude. I've been working out and I'm a little too handsome to ever see you as a threat, Brian. Good evening'
- Tracy Woodside: He said that?
- Brian Gilcrest: He's actually very...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you go away on location for three months and your wife stays at home, you've made a whole new load of friends and she's made a whole new load of friends and you get home and you're kind of strangers.”
“I took tennis lessons faithfully twice a week for six years. When I got married, I brought my young husband, Vittorio Gassman, to the Beverly Hills Tennis Club and, although he had been on the Italian Olympic basketball team, he had never held a tennis racket in his hand. The first time we played, he beat me 6-0. I broke my racket and threw it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“From a personal standpoint I have found that having a husband who is an optimist brings great happiness. Douglas Fairbanks talks continually of happiness, health and success, never of their opposites. He apparently can see nothing else.”