Husband quotes209 husband quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they're too old to do it.”
“- Miss Scarlet: Do you miss him?
- Mrs. White: Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.
- Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.
- Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
- Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
- Mrs. White: He wasn't a very good...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When I was your age, before I ever did the counseling, I could look at people, complete strangers, and see their whole lives so clear. But when I looked at each of my husbands, I never saw a thing. That's how it always is. Blind to my own life.”
“How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?”
“- Elzora: Some things are better left unsaid.
- Mozelle Batiste Delacroix: I paid you a dollar, old woman. Now tell my fortune.
- Elzora: I don't need no cat bones to tell your fortune, Mozelle Batiste. You are a curse. The Black Widow. Next man that marries you is a dead man. Like the others. Always be that way.”
“A husband is what's left of a sweetheart after the nerve has been killed.”
“- Susan: You know what's wrong with you, Mr Grandi? You've being seeing too many gangster movies. Mike may be spoiling some of your fun.
- 'Uncle' Joe Grandi: Mike?
- Susan: My husband, yeah! And if you're trying to scare me into calling him off, let me tell you something Mr. Grandi. I may be scared, but he won't be.”
“- George Peatty: Tell me something, will you, Sherry. Just tell me one thing. Why did you ever marry me, anyway?
- Sherry Peatty: Oh, George, when a man has to ask his wife that; well, he just hadn't better, that's all.”
“Amanda, my love, why do you stay married to a legal beagle with ten thumbs?”
“I am a wife-made man.”
“- Maria Tura: You certainly don't want me to waste a lot of time giving you a long explanation.
- Joseph Tura: No, but I think a husband is entitled to an inkling.”
“Dear, I always say, a flawed husband is better than none at all.”
“Every man on earth has his leaving step. If my husband had been a small man, he would not have been able to leave me. But he was a large man, and stepped over me as I slept, one great stride.”
“- Lucy Chadman: Of course he may not be too thrilled to hear how No. 3 died.
- Jason Chadman: You mean... During...?
- Lucy Chadman: No. Just after. According to Kim he came and went.”
“- Eddie Valiant: Dolores, you need to find yourself a good man.
- Dolores: But I already have a good man.”
“- Christian Grey: Good morning, wife.
- Anastasia Steele: Good morning, husband.”
“You seem to be taking it pretty good. I've seen 'em come in here, weep and wail like Baptists at a funeral. Like they hired me to prove their husbands weren't fooling around.”
“- Tracy Woodside: See, he doesn't speak.
- Brian Gilcrest: He just said a lot, actually.
- Tracy Woodside: What did he say?
- Brian Gilcrest: 'Check out my manliness, dude. I've been working out and I'm a little too handsome to ever see you as a threat, Brian. Good evening'
- Tracy Woodside: He said that?
- Brian Gilcrest: He's actually very...” (continue)(continue reading)