Unhappiness quotes78 unhappiness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If you're constantly frightened of being unhappy, how bloody exhausting must that be?”
“Some people aren't built happy, you know.”
“People said their marriage was troubled and unhappy. That they lived mostly separate lives. But I never saw that. That's not how they seemed when they were together.”
“I used to be someone who knew a lot. No one asks for my opinion or advice anymore. I miss that. I used to be curious and independent and confident. I miss being sure of things. There's no peace in being unsure of everything all the time. I miss doing everything easily. I miss being a part of what's happening. I miss feeling wanted. I miss my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In your unhappiness you reached out your hand for help and in my loneliness I took it.”
“Never give up your religion. Not for God. God is present in all religions. But if your life becomes a struggle for acceptance, you'll always be unhappy.”
“- Doris: I'm unhappy.
- George Valentin: So are millions of us.”
“The nicest thing about feeling happy is that you think you'll never be unhappy again.”
“If I couldn't tell you that I was unhappy sometimes, is because I didn't want to risk hurting the one person I treasure most.”
“The thing about happiness is that it doesn't help you to grow; only unhappiness does that. ”
“- Detective Rodriguez: I can make your life miserable, that's what I can do.
- Vic: Look at me. Am I married to a supermodel? Do I look strikingly handsome? Have I got a job at IBM and a swanky bachelor pad? No, no, and no! I loan big money to people like you who can't control their urge to blow it all gambling; Then I stay awake half the night...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dave: He melted...
- Stoney: Dave, it wasn't meant to happen. Come on, I'll go buy you some Ho-Ho's.”
“I'm trying to keep so many people happy, all at the same time, and I'm not one of them. But don't give up on me. I'm worth it, I promise.”
“Gamblers are never happy, Charlie.”
“No, I haven't been happy. Yes, it's been worth it.”
“Of course I'm not happy! Look at me, I'm a big fat slob. I've got bigger titties than you do. I've got more chins than a Chinese phonebook. I've not seen my willie in two years, which is long enough to declare it legally dead. I can't stop eating. I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle. Now, if you'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm pissed that the one thing that makes me happy, the one thing that make this shit-hole town bearable, is leaving.”
“Why can't we be unhappy together?”
“All right. I understand. You've had a tough day. I can see how this could get a little depressing in here, couldn't it? This place isn't exactly happy.”
“- Sir Laurence Olivier: She's quite wonderful. No training, no craft, no guile, just pure instinct. Astonishing.
- Colin Clark: You should tell her that.
- Sir Laurence Olivier: Oh, I will. But she won't believe me. That's probably what makes her great, yet it's certainly what makes her so profoundly unhappy.”