Soul quotes155 soul quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.”
“Why not? After all, it belongs to him.”
“- Mary Reilly: He said you have an illness. What kind of an illness?
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: You might call it a fracture in my soul, something which left me with a taste for oblivion.”
“Soulmates. It's extremely rare but it exists. Sort of like twin souls tuning into each other. Apparently even in death.”
“One day he went swimming and dove headfirst into the lake... and right into a rock. And it snapped his neck, paralyzed him. And after the accident I'd look in on him from time to time. But he wasn't there. It was like his mind, his spirit, whatever you want to call it, just disappeared. The only thing left was just anger. Just sort of as if the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It was once said that a person’s eyes are the windows to their souls. That was before people had cell phones.”
“It's tragic how few people possess their souls before they die. Nothing is more rare in any man, says Emerson, than an act of his own. And it's quite true. Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. That's an Oscar Wilde quote.”
“Any soul on the grounds bearing mortal likeness to a walrus, raise up your right hand or whistle.”
“Which is hungrier my stomach or my soul? Hotdog!”
“- Terry: If I spill, my life ain't worth a nickel.
- Father Barry: And how much is your soul worth if you don't?”
“- Bruce Wayne: Why didn't you just... kill me?
- Bane: You don't fear death... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.
- Bruce Wayne: Torture?
- Bane: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.”
“I know. Everybody thinks detectives do nothing but ask questions... but detectives have souls, the same as anyone else.”
“- Rebecca: What matters is how you feel inside. So, with all that in mind, what would you say your soul's age is?
- Val: I'd say, like 12. I mean, maybe a little older, probably old enough to drink... and bone. Maybe 18. 18 and a half. Almost out of the house. Don't have my own car yet... but I have a bike.”
“You were right. A warrior's spirit needs a warrior's body.”
“Some people claim that the atrocities we commit in our fiction are those inner desires which we cannot commit in our controlled civilization, so they're expressed instead through our art. I don't agree. I believe Heaven and Hell are one and the same. The soul belongs to Heaven and the body to Hell.”
“Basically, nature is my genius loci, or the place where my spirit resides.”
“True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.”
“- Omar: You're between bodies right now. Look, you're a soul, a spirit. The only way to get back is to be reborn. Any problem with that?
- Louie Jeffries: I guess not.”
“- Krank: Irvin, you know all about feelings. Won't you try to help me? Won't you explain why all those children only have nightmares?
- L'oncle Irvin: Because you are their nightmare. You could persecute all the children in the world, but there's one thing you'll never have.
- Krank: What?
- L'oncle Irvin: A soul.”
“I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul.”