Kevin Kline quotes
Not every situation calls for your patented approach of "shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two".
“- Jeffrey Anderson: You have beautiful eyes.
- Ariel Maloney: Oh, they're nothing compared to my tits.”
“It is not living that is important, but living properly. Socrates chose to die an unjust death, a death he freely accepted, rather than break the laws of Athens to which he pledged his loyalty.”
“When people tell me they are happy, my ass begins to twitch.”
“- Stella: The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations.
- Paden: I'll drink to that.”
“I'm the President and, as they say, the buck stops here. So I take full responsibility for each one of my illegalactions. But that's not the whole story. I think the American people are entitled to the real truth. I have here evidence in the form of notes, letters, and written memoranda, proving that Bob Alexander was involved in each of these...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm riding along, minding my own business. Four cowboys come by and we decide to ride together for a while, friendly as can be. I always figure you might as well approach life like everybody's your friend or nobody is; don't make much difference. We get out in the middle of that frying pan and suddenly everybody's pointing their gun but me. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kate: Did you know that there are four hundred and fifty-two official government cheeses in this country? Don't you think that's incredible? To come up with four hundred and fifty-two ways of classifying what is basically a bacterial process?
- Luc Teyssier: You would prefer one cheese? One cheeseburger to put it on and one restaurant to eat...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The worth of a life is not determined by a single failure or a solitary success.”
“Allegations of wrongdoing have also been made against Vice President Nance. Now, as this evidence will prove, at no time and in no way was the Vice President involved in any of this affair. Bob just made all that up. Vice President Nance is a good and decent public servant, and I want to apologize for any pain that this has caused him or his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Miguel: Any regrets?
- Tulio: You mean besides dying? Yeah. I never had enough... gold.
- Miguel: My regret, besides dying is... our greatest adventure is over before it began, and no one will even remember us.”
“The only big fight we've had in years is about whether to go back into couples therapy.”
“Belle-Papa, do you think I’m odd?
Maurice-Odd? My daughter, odd? Where did you get an idea like that?
Belle-I don’t know. People talk.
Maurice-This is a small village, you know. Small minded as well. But small also means safe. Even back in Paris, I knew a girl like you, who was so ahead of her time. So different. People mocked her. Until the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Artemus Gordon: My auxiliary tool kit, I forgot all about it. It must have fallen out of my pocket.
- James West: Your pocket? Why wasn't it on some spring-loaded contraption that shoots out your ass?
- Artemus Gordon: That's the first place Loveless would have looked.”
- Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
- Miguel: Yes, that's it Altivo. Find the pry bar!
- Tulio: Yes, "find the pry bar". He doesn't understand "pry bar"! He's a dumb horse, there's no way he could understand.
“What do you think, the plane is going to crash and we are all on the ground in a thousand pieces dead? I promise you, if it happens, you won't feel a thing.”