Kevin Kline quotes
Not every situation calls for your patented approach of "shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and then when everybody's dead try to ask a question or two".
“It is not living that is important, but living properly. Socrates chose to die an unjust death, a death he freely accepted, rather than break the laws of Athens to which he pledged his loyalty.”
“When people tell me they are happy, my ass begins to twitch.”
“- Kate: Did you know that there are four hundred and fifty-two official government cheeses in this country? Don't you think that's incredible? To come up with four hundred and fifty-two ways of classifying what is basically a bacterial process?
- Luc Teyssier: You would prefer one cheese? One cheeseburger to put it on and one restaurant to eat...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The worth of a life is not determined by a single failure or a solitary success.”
“Allegations of wrongdoing have also been made against Vice President Nance. Now, as this evidence will prove, at no time and in no way was the Vice President involved in any of this affair. Bob just made all that up. Vice President Nance is a good and decent public servant, and I want to apologize for any pain that this has caused him or his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The only big fight we've had in years is about whether to go back into couples therapy.”
“Belle-Papa, do you think I’m odd?
Maurice-Odd? My daughter, odd? Where did you get an idea like that?
Belle-I don’t know. People talk.
Maurice-This is a small village, you know. Small minded as well. But small also means safe. Even back in Paris, I knew a girl like you, who was so ahead of her time. So different. People mocked her. Until the day...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Artemus Gordon: My auxiliary tool kit, I forgot all about it. It must have fallen out of my pocket.
- James West: Your pocket? Why wasn't it on some spring-loaded contraption that shoots out your ass?
- Artemus Gordon: That's the first place Loveless would have looked.”
- Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
- Miguel: Yes, that's it Altivo. Find the pry bar!
- Tulio: Yes, "find the pry bar". He doesn't understand "pry bar"! He's a dumb horse, there's no way he could understand.
“What do you think, the plane is going to crash and we are all on the ground in a thousand pieces dead? I promise you, if it happens, you won't feel a thing.”
“- Joseph: This is - this is a difficult time for you; for both of us. And especially for a woman, there are physical changes that affect everything.
- Beth: Oh, tell me about being a woman.
- Joseph: I think that the anger you're feeling is not about me. It's hormonal.
- Beth: No. It's not menopause. It actually is about you.”
“- Edwin Stanton: When you first learned that our secretary of State has been butchered to within an inch of his life, and that they put a bullet in the back of our president's head, when this city was in chaos, do you not wish to see order restored and justice served, or were you just concerned with the rights of the assassins?
- Frederick Aiken...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Carmen: When I realized Django was my spirit-mate, the animal world became so visible to me.
- Joseph: As opposed to the vegetable and mineral worlds?”
“- Mack: We were planning to take my boy.
- Simon: How old is he?
- Mack: 15.
- Simon: 15? Probably won't wanna go with you now. Probably go with his friends and his chick now. You've missed that boat.”
“When somebody shoot you in the head it make you think.”
“The eye of man hath not heard, the ear of man hath not seen; man's hand is not able to taste, his tongue to conceive, nor his heart to report what my dream was.”