“The Great Silence” quotes(1968)
Plot – Snow falls on the border between Mexico and the USA at the end of the 19th century. This uncommon event brings into the open many outlaws on the run, a great occasion for bounty hunters. The cruelest among them is Tigrero. To defend the people from the injustice perpetrated by these greedy killers, a man called Silence has gone into action. Between him and Tigrero stands a sheriff.
All actors – Jean-Louis Trintignant, Klaus Kinski, Frank Wolff, Luigi Pistilli, Mario Brega, Carlo D'Angelo, Marisa Merlini, Maria Mizar, Marisa Sally, Raf Baldassarre, Spartaco Conversi, Remo De Angelis, Mirella Pamphili, Vonetta McGee, , Fortunato Arena, Giulio Baraghini, Gino Barbacane, Lewis E. Ciannelli, Bruno Corazzari, Carolyn De Fonseca, Jacques Dorfmann, Paolo Figlia, Adriana Giuffrè, Rocco Lerro, Loris Loddi, Mauro Mannatrizio, Edward Mannix, William Mayor, Emilio Messina, Benito Pacifico, Fulvio Pellegrino, Mimmo Poli, Aldo Ralli, Claudio Ruffini, Ted Rusoff, Giulia Salvatori, Pupita Lea Scuderoni, Dan Sturkie, Lorenzo Terzon, Bruno Ukmar, Clemente Ukmar, Franco Ukmar, Giovanni Ukmar, Mel Wellesshow all
“The Great Silence” Quotes 6 quotes
Once, my husband told me of this man. He avenges our wrongs. And the bounty killers sure do tremble when he appears. They call him "Silence." Because wherever he goes, the silence of death follows.
“- Sheriff Burnett: What do you want?
- Walter, Leader of the Outlaws: We just want that horse of yours.
- Sheriff Burnett: You want my horse, there's an awful lot of ya. What are you gonna do with just one horse, anyhow?
- Walter, Leader of the Outlaws: Eat it. We're gonna feed off that beast for at least a week.”
“- Sheriff Burnett: Set a wagon outside of town and put as much food on it as you can spare. If they eat, they'll behave. And you women, all of you, stay inside. Understand? Now let's get moving. C'mon.
- Henry Pollicut: Fill a wagon. So now, these bandits gotta be fought with bread and butter. When are we gonna see some law and common sense in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tigrero, a.k.a. Loco: Can't a man provide for his old age?
- Sheriff Burnett: I don't think you're gonna make it.”