“Under Fire” quotes(1983)
Plot – A famous American photographer, Russell Price, captures the heartbreaking civil war in Nicaragua. There he meets a colleague and they become friends, then they are joined by a mercenary. Russell Price can't decide his position until a guy is killed. His conscience wakes up and he realizes everyone is guilty. From now on Russell Price continues his job but he cannot any longer act objectively.
All actors – Nick Nolte, Ed Harris, Gene Hackman, Joanna Cassidy, Alma Martinez, Holly Palance, Ella Laboriel, Samuel Zarzosa, Jonathan Zarzosa, Raul Picasso, Oswaldo Doria, Fernando Elizondoshow all
“Under Fire” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Claire: Did you dream about Miss Panama last night?
- Russell Price: No, I dreamed about you.
- Claire: Have a good time?
- Russell Price: Yeah, and you did too!”
“- Claire: You're going to love this war.
- Russell Price: Hmmm.
- Claire: Good guys, bad guys and cheap shrimp.”
“- Claire: You chose the wrong side.
- Marcel Jazy: In twenty years we shall know who's right.”
- Russell Price: What's the upside?
- Hub Kittle: Simple. And it could happen. Somoza destroys the terrorist insurgents, rebuilds the country, shit-cans the purveyors of excess, stabilizes the Cordoba, and is kindly beloved as the savior of Nicaragua. "Our" pal. Gotta smoke?
- Russell Price: What's the downside?
- Hub Kittle: Commies take over... (continue)(continue reading)
- Interrogating Officer: Before you go, there are some papers you will sign.
- Russell Price: What papers?
- Interrogating Officer: Your "visitation papers", Mr. Price. You were not arrested, you just came to visit. In case your embassy asks. You want your passport back, yes?
“Alex, there's fascist and there's fascist. Let's not use words like that, ok?”
It's easy to fall in love with the underdog. But there's an upside and a downside to this thing. I just want to remind you, all this stuff about a "revolution of poets" is crap.
“- Claire: You decided to go with the Network?
- Alex Grazier: Yeah... They're gonna' give me 10 grand a week to read the news. I'll be in 60 million homes every night. When I take a breath, all of America will take a breath. When my voice trembles, all of America will tremble. I'm gonna' be a star. My vocal inflection will be more important than...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Russell Price: Pardon my French, but who's fucking side are you on?
- Marcel Jazy: I work for everyone.
- Russell Price: That's a great job!”
“- Oates: How d'ya like Nicaragua?
- Russell Price: It's beautiful.
- Oates: Yeah, it's a shitload of Greasers though, you know.”