“The Outlaw Josey Wales” quotes(1976)
Clint Eastwood directed this movie in 1976
Title The Outlaw Josey Wales
Director Clint Eastwood
Director Clint Eastwood
Plot – Civil War has just finished and Josey Wales decides to retire to a quiet life, working at his farm with his wife and son. In a short time, Josey's family is massacred and his house is burned down by a Yankee captain, Terril Randolph, and his gang. Together with an old Cherokee, a young Navajo woman and an old widow with her daughter Laura, Josey begins his battle against bounty hunters, Yankees and bandits, moved by his desire for revenge.
All actors – Clint Eastwood, Chief Dan George, Sondra Locke, Bill McKinney, John Vernon, Paula Trueman, Sam Bottoms, Geraldine Keams, Woodrow Parfrey, Joyce Jameson, Sheb Wooley, Royal Dano, Matt Clark, John Verros, Will Sampson, William O'Connell, John Quade, Frank Schofield, Buck Kartalian, Len Lesser, Doug McGrath, John Russell, Charles Tyner, Bruce M. Fischer, John Mitchum, John Davis Chandler, Tom Roy Lowe, Clay Tanner, Robert F. Hoy, Madeleine Taylor Holmes, Erik Holland, Cissy Wellman, Faye Hamblin, Danny Green, Frank Cockrell, Kyle Eastwood, Richard Farnsworth, Walter Scottshow all
“The Outlaw Josey Wales” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
- Lone Watie: I notice when you get to dislikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.”
“- Laura Lee: Kansas was all golden and smelled like sunshine.
- Josey Wales: Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in Kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches.”
“Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.”
“- Josey Wales: You a bounty hunter?
- First Bounty Hunter: A man's got to do something for a living these days.
- Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.”
“Dying ain't hard for men like you and me. It's living that's hard when all you've ever cared about has been butchered or raped.”
“- Carpetbagger: [holds up a bottle of patent medicine] This is it... one dollar a bottle. It works wonders on wounds.
- Josey Wales: Works wonders on just about everything, eh?
- Carpetbagger: It can do most anything.
- Josey Wales: [spits tobacco juice on the carpetbagger's coat] How is it with stains?”
“I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.”