Death penalty quotes137 death penalty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Till they invent a trigger a woman can't pull, if you're a hang man, you're going to hang woman.”
When the handbill says "dead or alive", the rest of us just shoot you in the back from up on top a perch somewhere and bring you in dead over a saddle. But when John Ruth “The Hangman” catches you... You hang!
“- Esteban: Do you wish for a blindfold?
- Charlotte Taylor Wilson: No. The eyes of freedom will always see through the blindfolds of tyranny. And the bonds of oppression will always be broken with muscles of liberty.”
“- Juror #3: You're talkin' about a matter of *seconds!* Nobody can be that accurate!
- Juror #8: Well, I think testimony that can put a boy into the electric chair should be that accurate.”
“Nothing about this case will be dead until Garrett is executed.”
“You get engaged to my daughter, and all you can think about is capital punishment?”
“A toast? Yeah. To high treason. That's what these men were committing when they signed the Declaration. Had we lost the war, they would have been hanged, beheaded, drawn and quartered, and - Oh! Oh, my personal favorite - and had their entrails cut out and burned! So... Here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what...” (continue)(continue reading)
- First Centurion: What you mean "Could be worse"?
- Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath: You could be stabbed.
- First Centurion: Stabbed? Takes a second. Crucifixion lasts hours. It's a slow, horrible death.
- Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath: At least it gets you out in the open air.
“The death penalty. It's nothin' new; it's been with us for centuries. We've buried people alive; lopped off their heads with an axe; burned them alive at a public square... gruesome spectacles. In this century, we kept searchin' for more and more humane ways... of killin' people that we didn't like. We've shot 'em with firing squads; suffocated...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He’s asking if I ought to kill a man for some corn ... I don’t know ... See here, lieutenant, you steal our corn we got nothing to feed the hog. If we can’t feed the hog we got nothing to put in the smokehouse, we got nothing to put in the smokehouse we starve in the winter. That’s murder, ain’t it? You know what the penalty for murder is, don’t...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What kind of a monster am I? I mean, we can't have two men in the same cell. That's not humane. Well, there's only one thing to do. We'll just have to have an execution tonight.”
“They got my buddy, man. Now they're going to kill him and that pretty lady. How am I going to let them do that? Did you see the way she walked to her fate? Nothing but class. She's the love of my life, no shit. Beats the hell out of all of them.”
“You're so brave. When we go to the guillotine, will you let me hold your hand? That might give me courage.”
“- Parvus: It doesn't matter! You're all going to die in a day or two.
- Gregory: It may not matter to you, Roman, but it certainly matters to us. Doesn't it, darling?
- Mrs. Gregory: Oh, rather.
- Gregory: Under the terms of the Roman occupancy, we're entitled to be crucified in a purely Jewish area.”