Authority quotes75 authority quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“A man should control his life. Mine is controlling me.”
“Never get on the bad side of small-minded people who have a little authority.”
“I'm an officer, and therefore, by proclamation, a gentleman, but don't abuse that, son. Don't get in my crosshairs, because I'll have no compunction whatsoever about getting up to my neck in yo' ass. Do you understand me?”
“- Watson Bryant: Stop trying to be their best friend.
- Richard Jewell: I was raised to respect authority.
- Watson Bryant: The authority is looking to eat you alive.”
“- William Cecil: Madam, if I may speak? While she is on this island, she must bow to you, not to Rome. Our Catholics must know that a papist will never again sit on the English throne.
- Queen Elizabeth I: What would you suggest?
- William Cecil: Kill her hope, and hopeless, she may return to the comfort of the continent.”
“You honor God by honoring your authority.”
“- Derek Vinyard: We, as society, grand cops a certain amount of authority to make those calls, because we acknowledge that their job is difficult and dangerous! Very few people respect that and respect that authority.
- Davina Vinyard: Look who's talking about respect here, Mr. Junior KKK.
- Derek Vinyard: What? I didn't say I respect the laws....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Yale: You know we have to stop seeing each other, don't you.
- Mary: Right. Right. I understand. I could tell by the sound of your voice on the phone. Very authoritative, y'know. Like the pope, or the computer in 2001.”
“I have the authority! I am the commander in chief of the United States, and I say when we go to war!”
“- Gabriela: You believe everything the authorities tell you?
- Kafka: Well, I have no reason to doubt.
- Gabriela: They're authorities! That's reason enough.”
“- Joe Cabot: Nobody's trading with anybody. This ain't a goddamn, fucking city council meeting, you know? Now listen up, Mr. Pink. There's two ways you can go on this job: my way or the highway. Now what's it gonna be, Mr. Pink?
- Mr. Pink: Jesus Christ, Joe, fucking forget about it. It's beneath me. I'm Mr. Pink. Let's move on.
- Joe Cabot:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't believe in authority.”
“- Jean Rasczak: Why are only citizens allowed to vote?
- Student: It's a reward. Something the federation gives you for doing federal service.
- Jean Rasczak: No. Something given has no value. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- La Rue: You're a troublemaker! These articles of yours, attacking our leading men of letters, the arts! Criticizing the civic authorities!
- Emile Zola: Perhaps you know of something better for me to criticize?”
“- Miss Burke: I've had complaints from several students that you've sold them mind-altering substances. Now, do you wanna talk to me about it, or take it up with Principal Drake?
- Zeke: You're too tense, Miss Burke. But I've got just the thing for ya.
- Miss Burke: You know, Zeke, I am the authority figure here, it's time you realized that.”
“One man with gun has more authority than whole army without ammunition.”