“The Pagemaster” quotes(1994)
Plot – Richard Tyler is a boy scared of everything. He's even afraid to climb to the tree house his father has built him. To avoid a violent storm, Richard enters a huge library, but there he's turned into an illustration and meets Pagemaster, the library's master who challenges him to succeed three trials to get out of the building. Firstly he has to visit Dr. Jeckyll's house, where Hyde starts chasing him. Once escaped, he finds himself navigating a boat together with Captain Ahab, who's chasing Mobi Dick. After a shipwreck, he is saved by John Silver's men and revives the final events of the "Treasure Island" adventure. Finally he faces a fierce dragon and escapes thanks to a magic bean. As Pagemaster shows the boy the positive aspects of the experience, Richard resumes his human appearance and finally overcomes his fears. The librarian allows him to bring home the three books which followed him during the journey. His parents find the child asleep in the tree house.
All actors – Macaulay Culkin, Kanin Howell, Alexis Kirschner, Jessica Kirschner, Guy Mansker, Brandon S. McKay, Stephen Sheehan, Ed Begley Jr., Mel Harris, Christopher Lloyd, Patrick Stewart, Whoopi Goldbergshow all
“The Pagemaster” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Horror: I know I'm not your favorite kind of book, but I could be just like you.
- Adventure: You'll never be Adventure! You ain't got the spine for it!
- Fantasy: Come on, honey, even books have spines!”
“- Richard Tyler: Fantasy!
- Fantasy: Naturally. Who were you expecting, honey? The Tooth Fairy?”
“Remember, mate, not all sharks are in the water.”
“I wrote the book on sailing. In fact, I am the book on sailing.”
“- Adventure: I would let you know, I'm a Classic!
- Fantasy: Mm-hmm, a classic misprint.
- Adventure: Why, you old sea serpent! I'll rip out your pages, and use them for...!”
“Think, boy. What kind of an adventure would you have had if I brought you here with the turn of a page?”
“- Alan Tyler: He's afraid of tuna-fish sandwiches.
- Claire Tyler: Mercury levels in the tuna-fish sandwiches.”
“- Fantasy: What is this?
- Richard Tyler: It's a library card.
- Fantasy: I'm a book, honey, I can read.”