Sailors quotes26 sailors quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Sinbad: Well done, Baronni. I know you will be as good a sailor as you were a genie.
- The Genie: I shall try, captain. I shall try.”
“A man alone on a boat is more alone than any man alive.”
“Unless the Japanese can be stopped, it will be impossible for any of your forty-two wounded sailors to escape.”
“Gentlemen, you are all in a line of elite men, great men, who have defended the world's most enduring sporting record. It's an honor to know you, it's an honor to sail with you. Tradition has it that the first American skipper to ever loose the Cup will replace it with his own head in the trophy case. Gentlemen, my head is in your hands. Please...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We sail into the sun at dawn. If we are to die, then with God's grace, let us die as men.”
“I can't believe this. Thirty years at sea, and I'm going to die in a bullring.”
“- Austin Powers: Only sailors use condoms, baby.
- Vanessa Kensington: Not in the 90's, Austin.
- Austin Powers: Well they should, those filthy beggars. They go from port to port.”
“A diesel loves her oil same as a sailor loves rum.”
“You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going.”
“Great! We'll have to sail a raft to Fiji like Thor Heyerdahl!”
“I wrote the book on sailing. In fact, I am the book on sailing.”
- Roger Murtaugh: A-F-T. Aft.
- Leo Getz: That's a fucking word?
- Roger Murtaugh: In the back of the cabin on the right side, Leo.
- Leo Getz: Why didn't you say that in the first place? I love these people. Put them around boats and water and all of the sudden everything becomes fucking nautical. "Astern. Avast you landlubbers. Man the bilge... (continue)(continue reading)
“You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of... well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day.”
“Yes, you do have my permission to stand there quietly and receive a free lesson in sailing. Besides, a ship is no place for a woman.”
“You're the skipper now. And the skipper always knows what to do whether he does or not.”
“More than 30 freighters! Berthold better not attack now. It's best to stay close and wait until the other boats arrive. For me, there is nothing finer than a submarine... and sailboats. There are no lines more beautiful than that of a sailboat. I sailed on a three-masted schooner once. Wonderful ship. Roomy. It had holds as big as churches!”
“- Popeye: You're just a landlubber, ain't you?
- Olive Oyl: Oh yeah? Well, I am a woman.
- Popeye: Oh yeah? Well, I am a mutter.”