Whoopi Goldberg quotes
“The guy was killed in an auto accident! I looked it up! He was driving in the Yukon, in a pink convertible, to visit his brother who's an ex-con named Frances, when a tractor trailer comes along and decapitates him. You know what that mean, it means he doesn't have a head. How am I suppose to write for a guy who doesn't have a head? He's got no...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Normal is in the eye of the beholder.”
“- Shug Avery: Celie is coming with us to Memphis.
- Albert: Over my dead body.
- Shug Avery: You satisfied? That what you want?
- Albert: [to Celie] Now what's wrong with you?
- Celie Johnson: You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Fantasy: What is this?
- Richard Tyler: It's a library card.
- Fantasy: I'm a book, honey, I can read.”
“I curse you. Until you do right by me everything you think about is gonna crumble!”
“I don't know if I'm going to Heaven or to Hell, but I'm going from Jackson.”
“- Manny Singer: Corrina, can I talk to you for a minute? Look, whatever you may believe in is fine for you, okay? Your heaven is fine for you, but Molly's mother was an atheist and so am I, and I don't want you telling her that her mother is somewhere she isn't.
- Corrina Washington: Yes, Mr. Singer. I'll just continue to tell Molly her mother...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Massarelli: One last time: are you gay?
- Jane: Yes I am. I bet a lot of women tell you that. But in my case, it happens to be true.”
- Celie Johnson: He just climb on top of me and do his business.
- Shug Avery: "Do his business"? You sound like he going to the toilet on you.
- Celie Johnson: That's what it feels like.
- Shug Avery: Why then, Miss Celie... that means you’re still a virgin!
“Tinted car windows are one of the first things a celebrity buys once they become a celebrity. They're an absolute must.”
“For your last meal, you're gonna eat those words.”
“Sir, let’s talk about your mama, who's so dumb, she got hit by a parked car.”
“- Deloris: We could pack this joint.
- Mother Superior: Through blasphemy? You have corrupted the entire choir!
- Deloris: How can you say that? I worked my butt off with these women! They've given up their free time to do this, and they're good! I mean, sister, we could, we could rock this place!
- Mother Superior: Out of the question!”
“I got the flow, you all gotta go, so pick up your bags so we can go!”
“Why don't you go haunt a house? Rattle some chains or something.”
“- Eddie Souther: Mrs. Van Cartier? You're Vince LaRocca's girlfriend, right?
- Deloris: Well you could... sort of... maybe... it depends on how you look at it! I mean, the guy just tried to kill me so I don't think that cements our relationship!
- Eddie Souther: You realize he's a major underworld figure, don't you?
- Clarkson: He's into drug...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I am an artist, art has no color and no sex.”