“Queen of the Desert” quotes(2015)
All actors – Nicole Kidman, James Franco, Robert Pattinson, Damian Lewis, Jay Abdo, Jenny Agutter, David Calder, Christopher Fulford, Nick Waring, Holly Earl, Mark Lewis Jones, Beth Goddard, Michael Jenn, William Ellis, John Wark, Richard Goulding, Sophie Linfield, Charlie Hollway, Younes Benzakour, Moustaati Hamza, Abdellah Bensaidi, Abdellatif Chaouqi, Megan Sullivan, Mohamed Boussalem, Mehdi Quazzani, Mostafa El Houari, Najah Hamid, Mohamed Ziat, Anas El Baz, Qualid Mezouar, Hicham Haijji, Abderrahmane Baalla, Nick N. Raslan, Amadou Salah, Ismael Kanater, Fehd Benchemsi, Nadia Niazi, Fatima ezzahra El Jaouhari, Anas Chrifi, Francis Montary, Colin Goodwin, Peter Stevenson, Ayoub Layoussifi, Younes Bouab, Assaad Bouab, , Renee Faia, Mustafa Haidari, Christina Lowshow all
“Queen of the Desert” Quotes 10 quotes
“My cigar was finished. That's the end of the world.”
“- Gertrude Bell: Even if you do not hear from me for several months, pay no attention and send no one.
- Charles Doughty-Wylie: The Druzes will take you for a spy.
- Gertrude Bell: Yes, well maybe I am. Maybe I am a spy. But I am a spy for no one. No one but myself.”
“Already I have dropped back into the desert as if it were my own place. Silence and solitude all around me like an impenetrable veil. Sleep more profound that civilization contrives. And then, the roadless desert, again.”
“Paradise has no time, age or sanctuary. Awaits us.”
“- Hugh Bell: You were only 5 years, and you were already reading voraciously. And someone stupidly showed you Leonardo da Vinci's sketchbook.
- Gertrude Bell: I remember the one with the parachute!
- Florance Bell: Who ever would need a parachute?
- Gertrude Bell: Everyone. Everyone needs a parachute.”
“Love is a tyrant, sparing none.”
“- Gertrude Bell: England needs to get out of its colonies sooner rather than later.
- Col. T.E. Lawrence: I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.”
“- Gertrude Bell: I operate for no one.
- Sir Mark Sykes: What is it then that attracts you to the Bedouin out there?
- Gertrude Bell: Something that you and your world you can not ever understand. It's their freedom. It's their dignity. It's their poetry of life.”