Nicole Kidman quotes
“When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you can have more happiness.”
“- Satine: I can't fall in love with anyone.
- Christian: Can't... fall in love? But a life without love... that's terrible!
- Satine: No. Being on the street, that's terrible.”
“Everyone who loses somebody wants revenge on someone, on God if they can't find anyone else. But in Africa, in Matobo, the Ku believe that the only way to end grief is to save a life. If someone is murdered, a year of mourning ends with a ritual that we call the Drowning Man Trial. There's an all-night party beside a river. At dawn, the killer...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You think that not getting caught in a lie is the same thing as telling the truth.”
“Do you know why we dress soldiers the same? So everybody knows they're replaceable.”
“- Gertrude Bell: Even if you do not hear from me for several months, pay no attention and send no one.
- Charles Doughty-Wylie: The Druzes will take you for a spy.
- Gertrude Bell: Yes, well maybe I am. Maybe I am a spy. But I am a spy for no one. No one but myself.”
“Already I have dropped back into the desert as if it were my own place. Silence and solitude all around me like an impenetrable veil. Sleep more profound that civilization contrives. And then, the roadless desert, again.”
“Paradise has no time, age or sanctuary. Awaits us.”
“- Hugh Bell: You were only 5 years, and you were already reading voraciously. And someone stupidly showed you Leonardo da Vinci's sketchbook.
- Gertrude Bell: I remember the one with the parachute!
- Florance Bell: Who ever would need a parachute?
- Gertrude Bell: Everyone. Everyone needs a parachute.”
“- Gertrude Bell: England needs to get out of its colonies sooner rather than later.
- Col. T.E. Lawrence: I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.”
“- Gertrude Bell: I operate for no one.
- Sir Mark Sykes: What is it then that attracts you to the Bedouin out there?
- Gertrude Bell: Something that you and your world you can not ever understand. It's their freedom. It's their dignity. It's their poetry of life.”
“I love God. God loves me. I love my son. That's it. I think for your father it's a little bit more complicated.”
“The French are glad to die for love. They delight in fighting duels. But I prefer a man who lives... and gives expensive jewels.”
“- Henry Brown: It is true. And when I first met Paddington I wanted nothing to do with him. But my wonderful wife, she opened her heart to him and so did my incredible children and now I have too. It doesn't matter that he comes from the other side of the world or that he is a different species, or that he has a worrying marmalade habit. We love...” (continue)(continue reading)