Conquest quotes84 conquest quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“All I want is peace. Peace! Peace! A little piece of Poland, a little piece of France.”
“The world is changing. Soon there will only be the conquered and the conquerors. I'd rather be the former.”
“- Jude: We don't have it in England, is it a big deal?
- Max Carrigan: Well, it's a heart-warming American tradition.
- Lucy Carrigan: Yeah. It celebrates the time when the Indians shared their food with the early settlers. And how did we repay them? We slaughter them in thousands then ship them off to the shittiest bits of real estate.”
“Racial and religious hatred must be fostered on the basis of American-Aryanism. Classism must be encouraged in a way that the labor and the middle classes will become confused and antagonistic. In the ensuing chaos, we will be able to take control.”
“I know more about the law and the history out here than the people themselves. Let me tell you, I feel for them. They're a proud people. But they're also a conquered people. That means their future is dictated by the nation that conquered them. Rightly or wrongly, that's the way it works, down through history.”
“- Mousa: This is Afghanistan... Alexander the Great try to conquer this country... then Genghis Khan, then the British. Now Russia. But Afghan people fight hard, they never be defeated. Ancient enemy make prayer about these people... you wish to hear?
- Rambo: Um-hum.
- Mousa: Very good. It says, 'May God deliver us from the venom of the Cobra,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hannibal was mad, Caesar was mad, and Napoleon surely was the maddest of the lot. Ever since time began, they've called mad all the great soldiers in this world.”
“Shoulder to shoulder. The land is ours. Tomorrow is ours.”
“I have fifty men to fight the strongest army in the world. This is how we do it. Take the land back, castle by castle.”
“- Gertrude Bell: England needs to get out of its colonies sooner rather than later.
- Col. T.E. Lawrence: I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.”
“- Dr. Dolittle: It must be a near perfect civilization.
- Matthew: Oh, then, what are we doing in prison?
- Willie Shakespeare: Purely a precaution, old boy. A sort of quarantine. You see, most of the white men who have come here in the past, usually started killing people before they've been introduced. Extraordinary.”
“We've had to fight long wars. Your burdens have been great. But, we come now - to the end of the road. Here, within our reach, golden centuries of peace. A true Pax Romana! Wherever you live, whatever the color of your skin, when peace is achieved, it will bring to all, all, the supreme right of Roman citizenship.”
“With all this land, why is there no room for the Apache? Why does the White-Eye want all land?”
“Such a pretty world. I can't wait until it's all mine.”
“We're a world with no single leader. It's impossible to deal with just one of us.”
“How could we conquer a country without its traitors?”
“The bow and arrow once was the pinnacle of weapons technology. It was used by Genghis Khan to forge an empire that stretched across Asia, from the wintry woods of Ukraine to the Eastern shores of Korea. Now, whoever holds the weapons manufactured by Stark Industries rules the world... and soon, it will be my turn.”
“Remember what happened to the Aborigines. A more advanced race nearly wiped 'em out.”
“- Harana: Now they know that we're not gods!
- Alvaro Harana: I always knew you weren't a god.”
“We will conquer this wilderness. It will not consume us.”