Plot – Set in the near future, Earth is devastated by continuous sandstorms and a blight that has destroyed all the grain fields except for corn. Cooper is a former NASA astronaut who has been forced to dedicate himself to the cultivation of corn on the small farm where he lives with his daughter Murph and his son Tom. Thanks to a series of strange circumstances, Cooper gets back in touch with NASA, that knows that the blight will soon spread to other crops and that is secretly trying to find a solution to the imminent planetary catastrophe. Cooper is then sent on an interstellar journey through a wormhole to look for planets in other galaxies where he will have to find an environment that will save humanity from extinction.
All actors – Ellen Burstyn, Matthew McConaughey, Mackenzie Foy, John Lithgow, Timothée Chalamet, David Oyelowo, Collette Wolfe, Francis X. McCarthy, Bill Irwin, Anne Hathaway, Andrew Borba, Wes Bentley, William Devane, Michael Caine, David Gyasi, Josh Stewart, Casey Affleck, Leah Cairns, Jessica Chastain, William Dickinson, Topher Grace, Matt Damon, Flora Nolan, Griffen Fraser, Jeff Hephner, Lena Georgas, Elyes Gabel, Brooke Smith, Russ Fega, , William Patrick Brown, Cici Leah Campbell, Mark Casimir Dyniewicz, Benjamin Hardy, Alexander Michael Helisek, Ryan Irving, Alexander Lu, Derek McEntire, Joseph Oliveira, Marlon Sanders, Bryan Stamp, Kristian Van der Heyden, Kevan Webershow all
“Interstellar” Quotes 27 quotes
“Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doyle: You can't just think about your family. You have to think bigger than that.
- Cooper: I'm thinking about my family and millions of other families.”
“I'm not afraid of death. I'm an old physicist... I'm afraid of time.”
“- Cooper: Humor, seventy-five percent.
- TARS: Confirmed. Self destruct sequence in T minus 10, 9...
- Cooper: Let's make that sixty percent.
- TARS: Sixty percent, confirmed. Knock knock.
- Cooper: You want fifty-five?”
“- Cooper: Doctor Brand and Edmonds, they close?
- TARS: I wouldn't know.
- Cooper: Is that a ninety percent wouldn't know, or ten percent wouldn't know?
- TARS: I also have a discretion setting, Cooper.
- Cooper: Ah. But not a poker face, huh?”
“- Cooper: Hey TARS, what's your honesty parameter?
- TARS: 90 percent.
- Cooper: 90 percent?
- TARS: Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings.”
“Time is relative, okay? It can stretch and it can squeeze, but... it can't run backwards. Just can't. The only thing that can move across dimensions, like time, is gravity.”
“Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here.”
“A machine doesn't improvise well because you cannot program a fear of death. Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration.”
“Popcorn at a ball game is unnatural. I want a hot dog.”
“- Doyle: We have a mission.
- Cooper: Yeah, and our mission is to find a planet that can habitate the people living on Earth right now. Okay? Plan A does not work if the people on Earth are dead by the time we pull it off.”
“This world's a treasure, Don; but it's been telling us to leave for a while now.”
“- Cooper: You're ruling my son out for college now? The kid's fifteen.
- School Principal: Tom's score simply isn't high enough.
- Cooper: What's your waistline? 32? With, what, a 33 inseam?
- School Principal: I'm not sure I see what you're getting at.
- Cooper: You're telling me it takes two numbers to measure your own ass but only one to...” (continue)(continue reading)