Writing quotes245 writing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Good writing will bring you to places you don't even expect sometimes.”
- Mr. Bruner: "You're complicated, and simple, and I feel this connection between us. I feel like I already know you". This is kinda sweet, I think you're overreacting. "I just want to be with you. I want to give you... head. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. I want to feel you inside me. We can do it in the Petland stockroom."
- Nadine:... (continue)(continue reading)
“Scriptwriting is the toughest part of the whole racket, the least understood and the least noticed.”
“- Barbara: With a cute little rear end like that, you'll be the belle of the ball. Your dance card'll be filled every day. You'll be so popular, making all kinds of new, close friends. Big, ugly, hairy friends! Not that you'll ever see what they look like, 'cause you'll be facing the other way.
- Ken Kessler: You're very good at this. You should...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Writing is an antidote for loneliness.”
“I never feel more myself than when I'm writing; I never enjoy any day more than a good writing day.”
“I'd recognize this penmanship anywhere. You have the handwritin' of a serial killer.”
“- Wes Craven: I think the only way to stop him is to make another movie. Now I swear to you I'll I'm gonna stay by this computer and keep writing until I finish the script, but... when the time comes, you're gonna have to make a choice.
- Heather Langenkamp: Choice? What kind of choice?
- Wes Craven: Whether or not you will be willing to play...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Writing a screenplay is like writing a big puzzle.”
“You know you lose a lot of social skills if you're a writer. You spend too long alone.”
“I find writing really difficult - definitely the most difficult of all the things I do.”
“My true nature, I believe, is writing.”
“Don't you know the finest things in the world have been written on an empty stomach.”
“- Norma Desmond: Young man, tell me something; how long is a movie script these days? I mean how many pages?
- Joe Gillis: Depends on what it is: a Donald Duck or a Joan of Arc.”
“Writing is like drawing but with letters.”
“When I get home I shall write a book about this place... If I ever do get home.”
“- Burditt: Can I give you some advice? You need to shut the fuck up.
- Molly Patel: Excuse me?
- Burditt: If you hear something you don’t agree with, you have to resist the urge to give your opinion.
- Molly Patel: I will not be marginalized by the iron fist of white privilege that pervades this work environment.
- Burditt: I am not trying to...” (continue)(continue reading)