“- Kumail: What's my stance on 9/11? Oh um, anti. It was a tragedy, I mean we lost 19 of our best guys.
- Beth: Huh?
- Kumail: That was a joke, obviously. 9/11 was a terrible tragedy. And it's not funny to joke about it.”
“The Big Sick” quotes(2017)
Plot – This romantic comedy, "The Big Sick", tells the true story of the first meeting of Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon. During one of his late shows, the comedian Kumail notices the beautiful Emily Gardner in the audience and, at the end of the show, he asks her out. The two become friends and their friendship turns into a love story, which will go against the prejudices that run in both families. Kumail is from a Muslim family from Pakistan, which believes in the tradition of arranged marriage, while Emily's parents, Beth and Terry, are cynical and disappointed. A serious disease will strike Emily, and this will give Kumail the courage to go against the rules set by his family and try to win the trust of the girl's parents.
All actors – Kumail Nanjiani, Zoe Kazan, Holly Hunter, Ray Romano, Anupam Kher, Zenobia Shroff, Adeel Akhtar, Bo Burnham, Aidy Bryant, Kurt Braunohler, Vella Lovell, Myra Lucretia Taylor, Jeremy Shamos, David Alan Grier, Ed Herbstman, Shenaz Treasury, Rebecca Naomi Jones, Kuhoo Verma, Mitra Jouhari, Celeste Arias, Shana Solomon, Jeff Blumenkrantz, Linda Emond, Holly Chou, Andrew Pang, Alison Cimmet, Lawrence Ballard, Shunori Ramanathan, Spencer House, Susham Bedi, Rahul Bedi, Matty Cardarople, Myra Turley, William Stephenson, Marilyn Torres, Kerry Flanagan, Jack O'Connell, Charles Gould, Isabel Shill, Lauren Patten, Keilly McQuail, Zach Cherry, , Jack Corrigan, Sophia Muller, Vincent Priceshow all
“The Big Sick” Quotes 9 quotes
- Kumail: Okay, that's a common misconception. Yelling anything at a comedian is considered heckling. Heckling doesn't have to be negative.
- Emily: So, if I... if I yelled out like... "You're amazing in bed", that'd be a heckle?
- Kumail: Yeah. It would be an accurate heckle.
“- Emily: I feel good about the surgery.
- Kumail: Yeah. Me, too. These doctors know what they're doing.
- Emily: No, they don't. They're just winging it like everybody else.”
“- Chris: You know, it might be a good thing. Like, she might wake up with a new skill. Like, my cousin, blacked out once, and then, when he came to, he thought he knew a different language.
- CJ: Did he?
- Chris: No. Apparently, it was... It was just gibberish that he made up. It was brain damage.”
As soon as I was finished, as soon as I finished, I was like, "What did you fucking do? What did you just do?". "What did you do?". You know, that-that, uh, moment of clarity you get, right after an orgasm.
“- Emily: Were you available for rides while we were fucking?
- Kumail: Yeah, but I only looked a couple of times.”