Repentance quotes31 repentance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Father Pirrone: Is Your Excellency here for confession?
- Prince Don Fabrizio Salina: Confession? It's not Saturday.
- Father Pirrone: Listen to me. Come to confession.
- Prince Don Fabrizio Salina: There's no need. You know it all already.
- Father Pirrone: The power of confession lies not only in telling our sins, but in repentance.”
As soon as I was finished, as soon as I finished, I was like, "What did you fucking do? What did you just do?". "What did you do?". You know, that-that, uh, moment of clarity you get, right after an orgasm.
“Before we can repent, we have to sin.”
“If sweet, sweet God loves you so, then I will make you worthy of His love. I've been watching for a long time. It's only in the face of horror that you truly find your nobler selves. And you can be so noble. So, I'll bring you pain, I'll bring you horror, so that you may rise above it. So that those of you who survive this reign of hell on Earth...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I never really look at life and worry about missed opportunities.”
“I swear, on the lives of my children: Give me a chance to redeem myself, and I will sin, no more.”
“In this place where time stands still it seems like everything is moving. Including me. I can't say I know where I'm going nor if my bad deeds can be purified. There are so many things I have done that I regret. But when I come to a full stop I hope you understand that the distance between us is not as great as it seems.”
“- Thaddeus Clark: Richard, if you do this, you will fail. You... will... fail! And mark my works, you'll come crawling back here with your tail between your legs!
- Richard Clark: You're wrong, father. I'm gonna succeed at Barry High School. And, I have no intention of ever crawling back here with anything between my legs!”
“Oh, I get it. You saw hell yesterday. Now you're scared of going to hell for all the bad things you've done. I'll tell you what. Go in the stall, say five Hail Marys, wipe your ass, and you and God can call it even.”
“Tomorrow millions of people will curse me, but fate has taken its course.”
“I don't do penance, I do shots.”
- Paula: I hate to say "I told you so"...
- Mary Fisher: But you just did, didn't you?
“My dear, I don't think a Communion wafer has the recommended daily allowance of anything.”
“- Penny Travis: He's losing his mind.
- Sandy Travis: Penny. Things fall apart. And we put them back together.”
“If one good deed in all my life I did, I do repent it from my very soul.”