Holly Hunter quotes
“- Kumail: What's my stance on 9/11? Oh um, anti. It was a tragedy, I mean we lost 19 of our best guys.
- Beth: Huh?
- Kumail: That was a joke, obviously. 9/11 was a terrible tragedy. And it's not funny to joke about it.”
“- Helen Parr: Who did I put in jail?
- Evelyn Deavor: Pizza delivery guy. Seemed the right height, build. He gave you a pretty good fight. I should say I gave you a pretty good fight through him.
- Helen Parr: But it doesn't bother you that an innocent man is in jail?
- Evelyn Deavor: Eh, he was surly. And the pizza was cold.”
“The world has been so caught up with what Superman can do that no one has asked what he should do.”
“It's almost impossible to make one, and most people have to settle for making something less.”
“The rhythm of my career has always been very static, staccato and then silent, and then a lot of work, and then none.”
“I want to feel my life. I want to stop agreeing to things, I don't really want.”
“Something happened Pat, in just a second I saw it. It's like all this time I haven't been paying attention and all of a sudden I could see it. I don't know anything anymore, I don't know how long it will last or if it's right or wrong. Maybe all we have are seconds we see clearly.”
“Put these on. Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it. And if anything goes wrong, use your powers.”
“Nobody means what they say on Thanksgiving, mom. You know that. That's what the day's supposed to be all about, right? Torture.”
“- Helen Parr: I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation!
- Bob Parr: It's not a graduation. He is moving from the fourth grade to the fifth grade.
- Helen Parr: It's a ceremony!”
“- Al Yackey: I miss him too! I miss him too. I miss him every day. I loved him like I've never loved a guy. And I don't love guys. You don't have an excuse, you quit. You quit, you gave up. He never quit on anything until it killed him, and that was his way, and there's much worse ways, and boy you sure found one.
- Dorinda Durston: I can't live...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Judith Moore: When you're laying in the gutter, you can see underneath people better than usual.
- Liz Bailey: You don't seem the gutter type.
- Judith Moore: Oh, I'm a native. I just clean up well.”
“Well, you know, they say we all gonna be dyin' some day. I believe it, too.”
“The world just wants us to fit in, and to fit in, we gotta be like everyone else.”