Zoe Kazan quotes
“Historically, art and music and writing and film have been one of the only tools that is effective against tyranny.”
“- Emily: I feel good about the surgery.
- Kumail: Yeah. Me, too. These doctors know what they're doing.
- Emily: No, they don't. They're just winging it like everybody else.”
“Nothing's going to come to you by sitting around and waiting for it.”
“- Alice Longabaugh: Gilbert had a saying for any situation. A ready bit of wisdom. He was very certain.
- Billy Knapp: He was a doughface?
- Alice Longabaugh: ...He had fixed political beliefs. All of his beliefs were quite fixed. He would upbraid me for being wishy-washy. I never had his certainties. I suppose it is a defect.”
- Kumail: Okay, that's a common misconception. Yelling anything at a comedian is considered heckling. Heckling doesn't have to be negative.
- Emily: So, if I... if I yelled out like... "You're amazing in bed", that'd be a heckle?
- Kumail: Yeah. It would be an accurate heckle.
“- Emily: Were you available for rides while we were fucking?
- Kumail: Yeah, but I only looked a couple of times.”