Pessimism quotes151 pessimism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Newman's second law: Just when things look darkest, they go black.”
“You can either look at things in a brutal, truthful way that's depressing, or you can screw around and have fun.”
“- Quinn Harris: How do you want it?
- Robin Monroe: Excuse me?
- Quinn Harris: Do you want it sugar-coated, or right between the eyes?
- Robin Monroe: You Pick.
- Quinn Harris: We got no landing gear, so we can't take off. Lightning fried the radio, so we can't call for help. AirSea with try a rescue mission but without a beacon to hone in on...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes I think to myself: At least it can't get any worse. But it can! It can get worse! As long as you can say you hit rock bottom, you haven't.”
“- Freddie Bauer: People fall in love every day, huh? Is that what you said?
- Allen Bauer: Yeah.
- Freddie Bauer: Yeah? Well, that's a crock. It doesn't work that way. Look, do you realize how happy you were with her? That is, of course, when you weren't driving yourself crazy. Every day? Come on. Some people will never be that happy. I'll never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's only two kinds of love stories in this world: boy loses girl, girl loses boy, that's it. Somebody always gets left behind.”
“Look, no matter how bad things are, they can always get worse.”
“- Lab Tech: What if something horrible goes wrong?
- Will Foster: Something already has.”
“The economy stinks, bees are dying, and movies are pretty much all sequels now.”
“- Officer Bernard: This is gonna end bad for you.
- Bryan Mills: Don't be such a pessimist.”
“Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me.”
- Gus Green: It could be worse.
- Joe Waters: Hey Gus, please don't say that. 'Cause it can't get any worse. I'm so sick of everytime we get in trouble or something goes bad, we think of, like, worse situations just so we can say "This ain't so bad, it could be worse". Gus, the truth is, it can't get any worse.
“- Judy Hopps: Tomorrow's another day.
- Pronk Oryx-Antlerson: Yeah, but it might be worse!”
“I think there are two ways you can see the world. You either see the sadness that's behind everything or you choose to keep it all out.”
“Once you get in the right frame of mind, I think anything's possible. I think we so often get caught in this state of negativity and it's a poison like nothing else.”
“- Kale: Fiji?
- Sinbad: Think of the beaches!
- Kale: Beautiful - if you like mosquitoes.
- Sinbad: Think of the sun!
- Kale: It's monsoon season!
- Sinbad: The women, then!
- Kale: They're cannibals there.
- Sinbad: Exactly!”
“So many people accept the negative. They are constantly blinded by that negative thing.”