“The Glitter Dome” quotes(1984)
All actors – James Garner, Margot Kidder, John Lithgow, John Marley, Stuart Margolin, Paul Koslo, Colleen Dewhurst, Alex Diakun, Billy Kerr, William S. Taylor, Dusty Morean, Christianne Hirtshow all
“The Glitter Dome” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Willie: I'm not the girl you met at the party. I'm really not.
- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: I didn't bring any handcuffs.”
“I hang out in this bar with all the other Hollywood cops. Okay, so the Glitter Dome isn't a bar; it's a pig pen. And Hollywood isn't a city; it's a land filled with broken dreams. Nothing is what it seems.”
“- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: Now, Marty - he's a religious guy. It doesn't seem to help him much. We see things sometimes, cops; that other people don't see. It leaves stains.
- Willie: When you're investigating and collecting clues?
- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: We don't collect clues - we collect garbage and pray somebody confesses. That's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The eleven o'clock news shows you a body being wrapped in a white sheet. Somebody's gotta do the wrapping - some night's that's me.”
“Oh, I'm blindfolded! And I'm handcuffed! Oh, I'm helpless you filthy gorilla. I can't stop you! I can only beg with you and... plead and plead. Don't rape me! Oh, don't rape me you raping bastard!”
“- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: Hollywood is an evil mother-grabber.
- Sgt. Martin 'Marty' Wellborn: Hollywood is no more evil than Hannibal, Missouri.”
“- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: Does the hero solve the crime and get the girl in the end?
- Willie: How'd you know?
- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: That's Hollywood.”
“- Amazing Grace: Takes a stiff rod to catch the big fish.
- Sgt. Aloysius 'Al' Mackey: Oh, I know.”
“You think this is a cop story; it's not. It's a story about survival - mine.”
“Halloween in Hollywood is redundant.”