Investigation quotes119 investigation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“One man’s trash is a forensic scientist’s treasure.”
“I can’t go downstairs, Detective. Between my sunglasses, scarf and gloves, I’ll look like Stevie Wonder on a snow day.”
“Dale Cooper-I'll talk to her. Maybe she'll confess. Turn herself in.
Albert Rosenfield-Maybe she'll grow wings and join the circus.”
“Rosa Diaz-Come on, Peralta! Holt said to use the whole team. We all want this solved.
Jake Peralta-I appreciate the offer, but I work best alone. Except when it comes to sex. Actually, sometimes including sex.”
“- Ticket Seller: Something wrong with your eyes?
- Roger Thornhill: Yes, they're sensitive to questions.”
“Criminals are as unpredictable as head colds. You never know when you're going to catch one.”
“The basis of our job is intelligence. The method interrogation. Conducted in such a way as to ensure we always get an answer. In our situation, humane consideration can only lead to despair and confusion. I'm sure all units will understand and act accordingly. Unfortunately, success doesn't depend only on us.”
“If you want your picture on the paper, you'll have to go out and kill somebody first.”
“You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to catch me the cowboy that's never been caught. Cowboy desperado.”
“You seem to be taking it pretty good. I've seen 'em come in here, weep and wail like Baptists at a funeral. Like they hired me to prove their husbands weren't fooling around.”
“Gather up all these leaves for trace evidence. Shoot and gut every animal in the park. Their stomachs might include something that could be a clue. Donate the meat to charity. The hides can be turned into warm socks for the poor. Grind up the bones for dog food. I want nothing wasted.”
“Are we making chemical weapons? Kiddie porn? Are we strip-mining? No! Why are they after me?”
“You know what I do for a living? I get paid to notice stuff. I get paid to know who's lying.”
“Three cops for a councilman's son, but no one for this dead girl.”
“- Jack Osborne: There's a sliver of food on your upper lip.
- Arkady Renko: I'm just a plodding investigator, no style. Completely out of my depth. Oh, yes. Three bodies, three people, shot down and mutilated in Gorky Park, and me, I have food on my lip.
- Jack Osborne: Not even caviar at that. I somehow feel that the executioner, whoever he may...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gerry Boyle: There were gay lads in the IRA?
- Colum Hennessey: Mmm... one or two. It was the only way we could successfully infiltrate the MI5.”
“- Mayor Johnson: Well, Mr. Holmes. Any theories?
- Sherlock Holmes: Obviously, the victim had been caught in a storm too far from shore to swim for it.
- Mayor Johnson: Yes, and with that heavy suitcase attached to his wrist, and the lake being so deep.
- Sherlock Holmes: Quite. Pulled the poor wretch to the bottom, struggling futilely, flailing...” (continue)(continue reading)