Investigation quotes113 investigation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Criminals are as unpredictable as head colds. You never know when you're going to catch one.”
“The basis of our job is intelligence. The method interrogation. Conducted in such a way as to ensure we always get an answer. In our situation, humane consideration can only lead to despair and confusion. I'm sure all units will understand and act accordingly. Unfortunately, success doesn't depend only on us.”
“If you want your picture on the paper, you'll have to go out and kill somebody first.”
“You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to catch me the cowboy that's never been caught. Cowboy desperado.”
“You seem to be taking it pretty good. I've seen 'em come in here, weep and wail like Baptists at a funeral. Like they hired me to prove their husbands weren't fooling around.”
“Gather up all these leaves for trace evidence. Shoot and gut every animal in the park. Their stomachs might include something that could be a clue. Donate the meat to charity. The hides can be turned into warm socks for the poor. Grind up the bones for dog food. I want nothing wasted.”
“Are we making chemical weapons? Kiddie porn? Are we strip-mining? No! Why are they after me?”
“You know what I do for a living? I get paid to notice stuff. I get paid to know who's lying.”
“Three cops for a councilman's son, but no one for this dead girl.”
“- Jack Osborne: There's a sliver of food on your upper lip.
- Arkady Renko: I'm just a plodding investigator, no style. Completely out of my depth. Oh, yes. Three bodies, three people, shot down and mutilated in Gorky Park, and me, I have food on my lip.
- Jack Osborne: Not even caviar at that. I somehow feel that the executioner, whoever he may...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gerry Boyle: There were gay lads in the IRA?
- Colum Hennessey: Mmm... one or two. It was the only way we could successfully infiltrate the MI5.”
“- Mayor Johnson: Well, Mr. Holmes. Any theories?
- Sherlock Holmes: Obviously, the victim had been caught in a storm too far from shore to swim for it.
- Mayor Johnson: Yes, and with that heavy suitcase attached to his wrist, and the lake being so deep.
- Sherlock Holmes: Quite. Pulled the poor wretch to the bottom, struggling futilely, flailing...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Simone Legree: That's so obvious, he's bound to think it's a trap...
- Philippe Douvier: Yes, or it's so obvious that he's bound to think it can't be a trap.
- Cato Fong: It's so obvious, it's bound to be a trap.
- Clouseau: That is why you'll never be a great detective, Cato. It's so obvious that it could not possibly be a trap.”
“What do you want to hear first, I did the Lindbergh kidnapping, or I started the Korean War?”
“From bodily fluids and hair samples, we've determined that a bunch of old homeless dudes had an orgy in there.”
“Back in those days, me and Teddy liked working Toontown, thought it was a lot of laughs. Anyway, this guy got away with a zillion simoleons. We trailed him to a little dive down on Yukster Street. We went in. Only he got the drop on us, literally. Dropped a piano on us from fifteen stories. Broke my arm, Teddy never made it.”