John Lithgow quotes
“Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug.”
“- Nick Styles: Jesus Christ.
- Earl Talbot Blake: Almost.”
“- Parole Board Chairman: The Parole Board's ready, Blake. I hope you remembered to floss.
- Earl Talbot Blake: I did! With your wife's pubic hair!”
“There we were, both of us... at the beginning of our careers. Then all of a sudden, one of us... took off! Lit up the sky like a meteor. And why? Because he met the other.”
“- Parole Board Chairman: Mr. Blake, what will you do if you get out of prison?
- Earl Talbot Blake: I guess, Mr. Chairman, that first I'll pay a visit to your house.
- Parole Board Chairman: To thank me, I suppose?
- Earl Talbot Blake: No... to fuck your wife. And your daughter. Hell, maybe even your dog.”
“They're not going to allow any men. A man killed her! They're very upset!”
“I'm gonna do something far worse than kill you. I'm gonna let you live.”
“- Nick Styles: You killed Farris, didn't you?
- Earl Talbot Blake: You killed my life.
- Nick Styles: So, now we're even, is that it?
- Earl Talbot Blake: We're not even close.”
“Shakespeare is like mother's milk to me.”
“People have to be angry at someone. But as leader, one cannot simply react to everything.”
“Where there is heroism there will always be hope.”
“No man should be punished for love.”
“We’re all dying. That’s what defines the condition of living.”
“- Katherine Newbury: Walter, I have invested in precisely two things my entire life, you and this show. I won’t lose it now! I can’t!
- Walter Lovell: Then you have to fight again. Something you haven’t had to do for a long, long time. They want to replace you. But they can’t replace you if everyone loves you.”
“- Joe Huxley: We are holding fast at just a hair under 50 rads per hour. I thought that it would have diminished by now. I guess that means we're picking up fallout from... Titan missile bases in Wichita... wherever else out west. That's the way the wind blows - straight toward St. Louis.
- Dr. Russell Oakes: When will it be safe to move people...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Operator: I have an emergency phone call from Mrs. Aurora Greenway in Houston, Texas, for Mrs. Emma Horton.
- Sam Burns: Oh no!
- Emma Horton: No, she always does this when the lines busy. It's fine.”
- Paul Philips: Franny! Watch your mouth!
- Franny Philips: Daddy, you're such a prude!
- Paul Philips: I didn't say "shit" until I was eighteen years old... and no one thought I was retarded.
“You want to kill me, don't you, Tucker? Well, get a number and get in line.”
“- Bud: What is that smell? What am I sitting in?
- Cindy: Relax. It's just urine.”
“- Lord Farquaad: What's that? It's hideous!
- Shrek: Well, that's not very nice. It's just a donkey.”
“- Ernie Henderson: Shoot it!
- George Henderson: It's dead.
- Ernie Henderson: Shoot it anyway!”
“Popcorn at a ball game is unnatural. I want a hot dog.”