John Lithgow quotes
“Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug.”
“- Nick Styles: Jesus Christ.
- Earl Talbot Blake: Almost.”
“- Parole Board Chairman: The Parole Board's ready, Blake. I hope you remembered to floss.
- Earl Talbot Blake: I did! With your wife's pubic hair!”
“There we were, both of us... at the beginning of our careers. Then all of a sudden, one of us... took off! Lit up the sky like a meteor. And why? Because he met the other.”
“- Parole Board Chairman: Mr. Blake, what will you do if you get out of prison?
- Earl Talbot Blake: I guess, Mr. Chairman, that first I'll pay a visit to your house.
- Parole Board Chairman: To thank me, I suppose?
- Earl Talbot Blake: No... to fuck your wife. And your daughter. Hell, maybe even your dog.”
“They're not going to allow any men. A man killed her! They're very upset!”
“I'm gonna do something far worse than kill you. I'm gonna let you live.”
“- Nick Styles: You killed Farris, didn't you?
- Earl Talbot Blake: You killed my life.
- Nick Styles: So, now we're even, is that it?
- Earl Talbot Blake: We're not even close.”
“Shakespeare is like mother's milk to me.”
“News is like a ship. You take your hands off the wheel and it pulls hard to the left.”
“- Katherine Newbury: Walter, I have invested in precisely two things my entire life, you and this show. I won’t lose it now! I can’t!
- Walter Lovell: Then you have to fight again. Something you haven’t had to do for a long, long time. They want to replace you. But they can’t replace you if everyone loves you.”
“- Joe Huxley: We are holding fast at just a hair under 50 rads per hour. I thought that it would have diminished by now. I guess that means we're picking up fallout from... Titan missile bases in Wichita... wherever else out west. That's the way the wind blows - straight toward St. Louis.
- Dr. Russell Oakes: When will it be safe to move people...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Operator: I have an emergency phone call from Mrs. Aurora Greenway in Houston, Texas, for Mrs. Emma Horton.
- Sam Burns: Oh no!
- Emma Horton: No, she always does this when the lines busy. It's fine.”
- Paul Philips: Franny! Watch your mouth!
- Franny Philips: Daddy, you're such a prude!
- Paul Philips: I didn't say "shit" until I was eighteen years old... and no one thought I was retarded.
“You want to kill me, don't you, Tucker? Well, get a number and get in line.”
“- Bud: What is that smell? What am I sitting in?
- Cindy: Relax. It's just urine.”
“- Lord Farquaad: What's that? It's hideous!
- Shrek: Well, that's not very nice. It's just a donkey.”
“- Ernie Henderson: Shoot it!
- George Henderson: It's dead.
- Ernie Henderson: Shoot it anyway!”
“Popcorn at a ball game is unnatural. I want a hot dog.”
- Vinnie Conrad: The thing that bothers me is that damn "launch-on-warning".
- Bruce Gallatin: What's that?
- Vinnie Conrad: That's when one side tells the other that they're gonna fire their missiles as soon as they think the other guy's missiles are already on their way.
- Joe Huxley: You know. Use 'em or lose 'em.