Ambition quotes164 ambition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything - what a waste!”
“All young actors dream of success, but it's a bitter kind of thing for man, you lose the most valuable thing in the world, privacy.”
“- Freddie Mercury: Let's go and punch a hole in the roof of Wembley Stadium.
- Brian May: Actually, Wembley Stadium doesn't have a roof.
- Freddie Mercury: Then we'll punch a hole in the sky.”
“- Vortigern: You and I have a lot more in common than you think. It's not just the same blood we share, but also the same interests. We both developed a palate for power.
- Arthur: I've never had any power, or any desire to achieve it. Sire, I could simply drift away never to be seen again.
- Vortigern: As much as I would like to believe you,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I wanted fame, but I thought it would be incremental, and I became afraid of the overnight-sensation thing. ”
“All my life I always wanted to fly. I always wanted to live like a hawk. I know you're not supposed to be jealous of anything, but... to take flight, to soar above everything and everyone, now that's living. But a hawk is no good around normal birds. It can't fit in. Even though all the other birds probably wanna be hawks; they hate him for what...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lloyd Richards: There comes a time that a piano realizes that it has not written a concerto.
- Margo: And you, I take it, are the Paderewski who plays his concerto on me, the piano?”
“I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut.”
“I didn't study much, but I think I could do great things. However, I'm no good at little things.”
“Make sure your desire to do what you're aspiring to do is deeper than just fame and being a celebrity.”
“- Kinuba: Vector! I should have known!
- Vector: What you should have known, my friend, is that nobody is greater than the game.”
I didn't have a lot of ambition, which I think was a good thing. I was ambitious about quality, but I wasn't ambitious in the "I've got to get a pilot!" way.
“I am richer than Davy Crockett. I can settle back and do what I want to do. And what I want to do is card tricks and magic.”
“Your momma told me ya'll been going through some things. Sometimes people need to step outside of who they are to realize who they could really be.”
“- Hammerson: People love guns because America is a land of opportunity, where a poor man can become rich, and a pussy can become a tough guy, if he's got a gun in his hand. Now, I'm hopin' you're not just a pussy with a gun in your hand.
- Mr. Hertz: Oh no, sir. No, no, I am not. I'm a tough guy with a pussy in my hand.”
“- Walt Disney: You look at me and you see some kind of Hollywood King Midas. You think I've built and empire and I want your Mary Poppins as just another brick in my kingdom.
- P.L. Travers: And don't you?
- Walt Disney: Now, if that's all it was, would I have suckered up to a stubborn, cranky dame like you for twenty years? No, I'd have saved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sho'nuff: I've been waiting a long time for this, Leroy. I am sick of hearing these bullshit Superman stories about the legendary Bruce Leroy catching bullets with his teeth. Catches bullets with his teeth? Nigga please.
- Leroy Green: The secret awaits eyes unclouded by ambition.”
“You are the incarnation of your family's ambition. I am the incarnation of your family's fear.”
“When you're reaching for a star, there's a long way to fall.”
“Dear Diary, I try to get what I want, whenever it's possible. I have always found that socially unacceptable people make the best lovers because they are more sensitive. I can be happy and fuffilled. I will never doubt it. I can not afford to. Each thought, each movement turned into a great moving force. Love Candy.”