Ambition quotes179 ambition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything - what a waste!”
“All young actors dream of success, but it's a bitter kind of thing for man, you lose the most valuable thing in the world, privacy.”
“- Freddie Mercury: Let's go and punch a hole in the roof of Wembley Stadium.
- Brian May: Actually, Wembley Stadium doesn't have a roof.
- Freddie Mercury: Then we'll punch a hole in the sky.”
“- Vortigern: You and I have a lot more in common than you think. It's not just the same blood we share, but also the same interests. We both developed a palate for power.
- Arthur: I've never had any power, or any desire to achieve it. Sire, I could simply drift away never to be seen again.
- Vortigern: As much as I would like to believe you,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I wanted fame, but I thought it would be incremental, and I became afraid of the overnight-sensation thing. ”
“All my life I always wanted to fly. I always wanted to live like a hawk. I know you're not supposed to be jealous of anything, but... to take flight, to soar above everything and everyone, now that's living. But a hawk is no good around normal birds. It can't fit in. Even though all the other birds probably wanna be hawks; they hate him for what...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Evil: When I have the map, I will be free, and the world will be different, because I have understanding.
- Robert: Uh, understanding of what, Master?
- Evil: Digital watches. And soon I shall have understanding of video cassette recorders and car telephones. And when I have understanding of them, I shall have understanding of computers. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“So much time is wasted on trying to be better than others.”
“You think that the only way to lead a meaningful life, is for everyone to remember you. For everyone to love you! Guess what, Gus - this is your life! This is all you get! You get me, and you get your family and you get this world, and that's it! And if that's not enough for you, then I'm sorry, but it's not nothing.”
“Oh, you think that I didn't have ambition? I was a good actor. But I was never going to be a great actor. It was very very hard to admit that to myself. But once I had, I felt free from the tyranny of ambition. I started to live.”
“Molly Bloom-You know how many girls at the Olympics have demanding fathers?
Charlie Jaffey-All of them?
“He said that his dream was that my dreams came true.”
“If you desire the sun and the moon, all you have to do is go out and shoot at the sky.”
“Well, anything is possible if you really want it.”
“Women, they have minds, and they have souls, as well as just hearts. And they've got ambition, and they've got talent, as well as just beauty. I'm so sick of people saying that love is just all a woman is fit for.”
“I'm going up and up and up - and nobody's going to pull me down!”
“- Lloyd Richards: There comes a time that a piano realizes that it has not written a concerto.
- Margo: And you, I take it, are the Paderewski who plays his concerto on me, the piano?”
“I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut.”
“I didn't study much, but I think I could do great things. However, I'm no good at little things.”
“Make sure your desire to do what you're aspiring to do is deeper than just fame and being a celebrity.”
“- Kinuba: Vector! I should have known!
- Vector: What you should have known, my friend, is that nobody is greater than the game.”