Fishing quotes31 fishing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Harvey: Do you think they really fish in heaven?
- Manuel: Well, sure they fish in heaven. What else they do?”
“It's kinda like masturbation without the payoff.”
“- Ethel: Where are you going?
- Mr. Hopkins: Fishing.
- Ethel: At this time of night? You're mad.
- Mr. Hopkins: What's the difference? There's no fish, day or night.”
“You know, Agent Sadusky, something I've noticed about fishing? It never works out so well for the bait.”
“Make block. Left, right. Up, down. Side, side. Breathe in, breathe out. And no scare fish.”
“- Maj. Gen. V.E. Hubik: You know, Pentagon duty isn't bad for a family.
- Zack: Neither is fishing, sir.
- Maj. Gen. V.E. Hubik: In your hat, Sergeant Major.
- Zack: Yes sir, General sir. Three bags full.”
“In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing.”
“- Martha: Have you ever actually caught a fish, Joseph?
- Megs: Martha, the only way I'm going to catch a fish, I got a feeling, is to drain the pond.”
“- Skunk: We're just here to catch fish and stink.
- Paps: Mostly the latter.”
“- Rosie: Tanya and I will take them fishing.
- Tanya: Fishing? Oh, please!
- Rosie: What do you suggest we do with three men?
- Tanya: Well, then, now, that takes me back.”
“- Fanny Ronalds: Lady Colin is irresistible. She cannot conceive why the Irish are starving when there's lots of good fish in the sea.
- Arthur Sullivan: She most probably has a point.”
“- Wade: Why would you eat my leg, man? I can teach you how to fish; just go fishing.
- Richie: I don't eat fish.”
“Dad, it's not fair to use a bug-zapper to catch the fish.”
“- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Jr.: Dad, you know that weights aren't my thing.
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Sr.: Weights aren't your thing. Fishing isn't your thing. Just what is your thing?
- Russell 'Russ' Thompson, Jr.: I don't know. But I'll keep you posted okay?”
“The fog's just lifting. Throw off your bow line, throw off your stern. You head out to South channel, past Rocky Neck, Ten Pound Island. Past Niles Pond where I skated as a kid. Blow your air-horn and throw a wave to the lighthouse keeper's kid on Thatcher Island. Then the birds show up: black backs, herring gulls, big dump ducks. The sun hits...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hoover Dam Guide: Welcome everyone. I am your dam guide, Arnie. Now I'm about to take you through a fully funtional power plant, so please, no one wander off the dam tour and please take all the dam pictures you want. Now are there any dam questions?
- Cousin Eddie: Yeah, where can I get some damn bait?”
“Sometimes you land a small fish. You unhook him very carefully. You place him back in the water. You set him free so that somebody else can have the pleasure of catching him.”
“- Lt. Kevin O'Malley: Let me tell you something, Sonny... one day when this is all over, you, me, and your pop are going to rent us a fishing boat, and catch us the biggest fish that ever swam the seas. And I'm not talking goldfish, either.
- Sonny Storm: The last time I went fishing with Pop, we caught an old tire.
- Lt. Kevin O'Malley: Not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot river and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish...” (continue)(continue reading)