Colleen Dewhurst quotes
“In Hollywood, they'll forgive you if you're two-faced, but not if you're two-chinned.”
“Anne, you have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance. Have you forgotten how he gave up the Avonlea school for you so that you could stay here with me? He picked you up everyday in his carriage so that you could study your courses together. Don't toss it away for some ridiculous ideal that doesn't exist.”
“You set your heart too much on frivolous things and then crash down into despair when you don't get them.”
“If she can avoid catastrophe two days in a row, I might have a chance to make up my mind.”
“Anne Shirley, I wouldn't trade you for a dozen boys.”
“- Anne Shirley: Our friendship, it won't ever be the same now. Why can't he just be sensible instead of acting like a sentimental schoolboy?
- Marilla Cuthbert: Because he loves you.”
“- Anne Shirley: Oh, Marilla, you look so elegant!
- Marilla Cuthbert: You don't make important visits in kitchen clothes.”
“- Anne Shirley: Don't you ever imagine things differently from what they are?
- Marilla Cuthbert: No.
- Anne Shirley: Oh Marilla, how much you miss.”
“- Anne Shirley: What would I do without him?
- Marilla Cuthbert: We can't change what God wills.”
“- Anne Shirley: I can't help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It's as glorious as soaring through a sunset... almost pays for the thud.
- Marilla Cuthbert: Well, maybe it does. But I'd rather walk calmly along and do without flying and thud.”