“- Gus Kubicek: I have something to tell you...
- Emily Pear: No, I have something to tell you. To ask you. Two questions: Are you gay?
- Gus Kubicek: Gay? No, I am not...
- Emily Pear: Great! Are you free of disease?
- Gus Kubicek: I've got an ingrown toenail, but, Emily I am...
- Emily Pear: Don't talk. That's all I wanted to know. God help me,...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Don't Tell Her It's Me” quotes(1990)
Plot – Young Gus is not lucky: because of an illness, he has gained weight and has lost his hair, which made him become an introvert. Not accepted by girls, he has found refuge in drawing comics. However his sister Lizzie wants to see him overcome this difficult moment and maybe even get married. Very romantic, but also practical in case of necessity - she writes successful novelettes - Lizzie thinks of Emily, a journalist, although she is already engaged to the cheater Trout. However Gus, in his sister's opinion, has to be transformed. Determined to make him a sex symbol, Lizzie has Gus wear blue contact lenses and a hairpiece with hair streaming over his shoulders. She makes him say short sentences and use a deep seductive voice and finally she makes him show off a powerful bike. The character created by her fertile writer mind is successful, until Emily discovers the deception. Spite and fury are her first reactions, but then the girl understands that, behind the long hair and his bullyish manners, is the true, shy, lovable Gus.
All actors – Shelley Long, Steve Guttenberg, Jami Gertz, Kyle MacLachlan, Mädchen Amick, Kevin Scannell, Perry Anzilotti, Nada Despotovich, Beth Grant, Don Hood, Bill Applebaum, O'Neal Comptonshow all
“Don't Tell Her It's Me” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Lizzie Potts: Oh great, look at this. Hungry Man, cup o' soup, cup o' stew, cop o' noodles...
- Gus Kubicek: Do you mind not indexing my garbage?
- Lizzie Potts: What's this?
- Gus Kubicek: Oh please, by all means, review my mail.
- Lizzie Potts: Get well cards?
- Gus Kubicek: When you're through, my diary is upstairs.”
“I am Lobo. I hunt alone. I need no one.”
“No! Annabelle! Don't play with the space heater coil. Piglet, if you breath gas it will tie up all your available hemoglobin and there will be none left for oxygen transfer. Your lips and nail beds will turn cherry red and you'll die of carbon monoxide poisoning. I like to acquaint her with consequences.”
“And now, ladies and gentleman, the only microwave lounge singer!”
“Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the man supposed to give the woman an engagement present? Something in the form of a ring?”
“- Emily Pear: What's your daughter's name?
- Lizzie Potts: Annabelle. Or Piglet, mostly Piglet.”