Romance quotes118 romance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's far too easy to love you. You're so beautiful, it's almost unromantic.”
“The thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.”
“I think that the romantic impulse is in all of us and that sometimes we live it for a short time, but it's not part of a sensible way of living. It's a heroic path and it generally ends dangerously.”
“Romance is about the possibility of the thing. You see, it's about the time between when you first meet the woman, and when you first make love to her. When you first ask a woman to marry you, and when she says I do. When people who’ve been together a long time say that the romance is gone, what they're really saying is they've exhausted the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What is love? What is this longing in our hearts for togetherness? Is it not the sweetest flower? Does not this flower of love have the fragrant aroma of fine, fine diamonds? Does not the wind love the dirt? Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to? Are you with someone tonight? Do not question your love. Take your lover by the...” (continue)(continue reading)
I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so shitty. And he'd say, "that's the way it goes, but don't forget, it goes the other way too". That's the way romance is... Usually, that's the way it goes, but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too.
“Every love story needs a catalyst of some sort.”
It's "Pretty Woman", but she's Richard Gere and you're Julia Roberts.
“Jack, he was never the romantic type. For our anniversary he gives me pepper spray. Pepper spray. I think it's perfume. I end up in the emergency room.”
“- Abby: You lost your chance.
- Mike Chadway: Oh, c'mon, I never had a chance with you.
- Abby: You're right. I had a momentary lapse in judgement when I thought you were more than you are, but you aren't. Clearly.”
“- Gus Kubicek: I have something to tell you...
- Emily Pear: No, I have something to tell you. To ask you. Two questions: Are you gay?
- Gus Kubicek: Gay? No, I am not...
- Emily Pear: Great! Are you free of disease?
- Gus Kubicek: I've got an ingrown toenail, but, Emily I am...
- Emily Pear: Don't talk. That's all I wanted to know. God help me,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Barney Cousins: What's this? Wuthering Heights? Denise, is it not sufficient that while you shall be at peace, I shall ride in the torments of hell?
- Denise Cousins: ... It's romantic.
- Barney Cousins: If they can put it in a book it's not romantic. Romance has to be secret.”
“How much romance can one woman take?”
“I might say don't move because, as you sit there, the firelight is so beautiful on your hair. I might say don't move because this is All Souls' Day, and you mustn't disturb the spirits. And again, I might say don't move because this is a moment so full of understanding that I can't bear to see it come to an end.”
“I don't make love. I fuck hard.”
“No gesture, no matter how real or romantic will ever compensate for a really impressive list of credentials.”
“- Margaret Tate: Timeout, ok? This bickering Bickerson thing has got to stop. People need to think that we are in love.
- Andrew Paxton: That's no problem. I can do that. I can pretend to be the doting fiancé. That's easy. But for you, that's going to require that you stop snacking on children while they dream.”
“Here we are in the middle of the desert, with the stars above us, and you still can't tell me you love me.”