Engagement quotes53 engagement quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You get engaged to my daughter, and all you can think about is capital punishment?”
“- Cam Wexler: When a male is sweet on a female, he searches the entire beach to find the perfect pebble to present to her. When he finally finds it, he waddles over and presents the stone by placing it at her feet. If she accepts, they'll be life-long mates.
- Charlie: It's kind of like an engagement ring.”
“I’m not known for having great relationships with ex-girlfriends, but I’ve been able to continue one with Gwyneth that’s really valuable.”
“- Jack: Lucy? I have to ask you a question.
- Elsie: Get down on one knee, it's more romantic.
- Saul: Elsie, if he's proposing let him do it!
- Elsie: I am letting him do it.”
“- Rachel Varney: I'm engaged to be married.
- Rick Jarmin: Well, flagellations.”
- David "Beano" Baggot: You were engaged to a Guinness heiress, wasn't it?
- Tony Costello: Yeah, but they paid me to go away.
“I'm getting married, Walter, and I'm also getting as far away from the newspaper business as I can get.”
“Hey! I'm Jules' fiancé, George! Just stopped by for a little preconjugal visit if you catch my drift!”
“I'll give you a piece of advice: stay single.”
“- Det. Mitch Preston: My ex and I were on the rocks, and my marriage counselor said I needed to take up a hobby.
- Officer Trey Sellars: How come you never got good at it?
- Det. Mitch Preston: Well, it's kind of like you and police work. I never took it that seriously.”
“- Julianne Potter: He just came in for few hours to uh, to uh, fuck me.
- George Downes: Huh! Takes a few hours.”
“We make in a week what you guys make in a year.”
“When you're in something you got to give it everything you have or else what are you doing?”
“If I'm not engaged by the time I'm twenty, I'm gonna kill myself.”
“- Andrew Paxton: We'll tell my family about our engagement when I want and how I want. Now, ask me nicely.
- Margaret Tate: Ask you nicely what?
- Andrew Paxton: Ask me nicely to marry you, Margaret.
- Margaret Tate: What does that mean?
- Andrew Paxton: You heard me. On your knee.”
“- Alec Scudder: Stop with me. Sleep the night with me.
- Maurice Hall: I can't. I've got an engagement. Full business dinner. It's my job. Meet me another evening instead.
- Alec Scudder: I can't come to London again. My father and Mr. Borenius will be passing remarks.
- Maurice Hall: What does it matter if they do?
- Alec Scudder: What does...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Your grandmother's boyfriend is a first-class ass sniffer!”
“- Sue Lee Shelley: Do you wanna marry me?
- Jake: No, not too bad.
- Sue Lee Shelley: Good. That's good news, 'cause I wouldn't marry you for a wagonload full of gold.”