Playing quotes161 playing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Green Book
“- Tony Lip: I dunno. Personally I think if you stuck to the classic stuff it would've been a big mistake.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: A mistake? Performing the music I trained my entire life to play?
- Tony Lip: Trained? What are you, a seal? People love what you do! Anyone can sound like Beethoven or Joe Pan or them other guys you said. But your...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Mid90s
“That's why we ride a piece of wood, like, what that does to somebody's spirit.”
- From the movie: It
- La trovi in Life and Death in Hollywood
- From the movie: Million Dollar Arm
“It looks like an insane asylum opened up and all the inmates were allowed to play.”
- From the movie: Searching for Bobby Fischer
“- Fred: You know you could give up the game, and that would be all right with me. In fact, I want you to give it up.
- Josh: But I can't.
- Fred: Why not?
- Josh: Because I have to play. I have to.”
- From the movie: High School Musical
“- Jack Bolton: You're the playmaker... not a singer... right?
- Troy Bolton: Did you ever think that maybe I could be both?”
- From the movie: Draft Day
“Thirty-two teams, seven rounds, 224 young men who, today, are about to become players in the National Football League. A day where lives are changed, fates are decided, dynasties are born, and the clock is always ticking. Of course, I'm talking about... Draft Day.”
- La trovi in Career in Cinema
- From the movie: Wish I Was Here
“When I was a kid my brother and I used to pretend we were heroes with swords. We were the only ones who could save the day. but perhaps we set the bar a little bit high. Maybe we were just regular people, the ones who get saved.”
- From the movie: Jailhouse Rock
- From the movie: Game Night
“Who cares about winning? Let's get drunk!”
- From the movie: Hustlers
“The game is rigged, and it does not reward people who play by the rules.”
- From the movie: Ready or Not
“- Tony Le Domas: Well, the rules are simple. You can hide anywhere. We then try to find you.
- Grace: So there’s no way for me to win, right?
- Tony Le Domas: You can stay hidden until dawn.”
- From the movie: The Lost Weekend
“- Don Birnam: What are they playing?
- Helen St. James: Brahms second symphony, something by Beethoven, something by Handel and not one note of Grieg.”
- From the movie: Brief Encounter
“There should be a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Musical Instruments.”
- From the movie: Persona
- From the movie: Invitation to a Gunfighter
- From the movie: Stan & Ollie
- From the movie: The Ladykillers
- One-Round: Are we supposed to make noises with these things? What kind o' noises?
- Louis: Who is she?
- Professor Marcus: Not "noises", One-Round, music!
“Love is a game that two can play and both win.”
- From the movie: Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even
“He's the nicest guy though, ask anyone, but the thing is, he's almost 40, looks like he's 30, thinks like he's 20, and acts like he's 10. He's fun to play board games with.”
- From the movie: The Omen
“- Katherine Thorn: What's the matter, those other kids didn't want to play with you?
- Damien: They're afraid.”
- From the movie: Necessary Roughness
“- Jarvis Edison: How many timeouts do we have left?
- Paul Blake: Three.
- Jarvis Edison: Can we take 'em all now?”
- From the movie: The Basketball Diaries