Playing quotes157 playing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Tony Lip: I dunno. Personally I think if you stuck to the classic stuff it would've been a big mistake.
- Dr. Donald Shirley: A mistake? Performing the music I trained my entire life to play?
- Tony Lip: Trained? What are you, a seal? People love what you do! Anyone can sound like Beethoven or Joe Pan or them other guys you said. But your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack Bolton: You're the playmaker... not a singer... right?
- Troy Bolton: Did you ever think that maybe I could be both?”
“Who cares about winning? Let's get drunk!”
“The game is rigged, and it does not reward people who play by the rules.”
“- Tony Le Domas: Well, the rules are simple. You can hide anywhere. We then try to find you.
- Grace: So there’s no way for me to win, right?
- Tony Le Domas: You can stay hidden until dawn.”
“- Don Birnam: What are they playing?
- Helen St. James: Brahms second symphony, something by Beethoven, something by Handel and not one note of Grieg.”
“There should be a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Musical Instruments.”
- One-Round: Are we supposed to make noises with these things? What kind o' noises?
- Louis: Who is she?
- Professor Marcus: Not "noises", One-Round, music!
“Love is a game that two can play and both win.”
“He's the nicest guy though, ask anyone, but the thing is, he's almost 40, looks like he's 30, thinks like he's 20, and acts like he's 10. He's fun to play board games with.”
“- Katherine Thorn: What's the matter, those other kids didn't want to play with you?
- Damien: They're afraid.”
“- Jarvis Edison: How many timeouts do we have left?
- Paul Blake: Three.
- Jarvis Edison: Can we take 'em all now?”
“- Sonny Weaver Jr.: Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
- Coach Penn: Your opinion. He plays in my system.
- Sonny Weaver Jr.: He doesn't block!
- Coach Penn: I don't need him to block, I need him to run! Which he does, like a bat out of hell. Which takes the pressure off of my offense. Okay? I got fifty-two Tarzans in that locker room; I could...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Thirty-two teams, seven rounds, 224 young men who, today, are about to become players in the National Football League. A day where lives are changed, fates are decided, dynasties are born, and the clock is always ticking. Of course, I'm talking about... Draft Day.”
“- Sir Edmund Burton: Stop that!
- Cogman: I was trying to make the moment more epic.”
“- Spats Baxter: Can you play the piano?
- Dick Cummings: Like a mink.”
- Jackie Robinson: You want a player who doesn't have the guts to fight back?
- Branch Rickey: No. I want a player who's got the guts not to fight back. People aren't gonna like this. They're gonna do anything to get you to react. Echo a curse with a curse and, uh, they'll hear only yours. Follow a blow with a blow and they'll say, "The Negro... (continue)(continue reading)