Singers quotes98 singers quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm just a musical prostitute.”
“Can't nobody sang like Eddie King Jr!”
“If you want to receive e-mails about my upcoming shows, then please give me money so I can buy a computer.”
“Son, you're talking to Elvis Presley! Do I look like a dating service?”
“He was an average guy who could carry a tune.”
“- Passport Official: Purpose of your visit?
- Javed: I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen's hometown.
- Passport Official: I can't think of a better reason to visit the United States than to see the home of the Boss!”
“Now look lady, you may have heard a lot of singers but you ain't heard nothin' sung till you've heard me sung it.”
“Actually, when I was in my 20s and 30s I was like a crooner. As a matter of fact, a lot of people thought I was better than Sinatra.”
“You ain't the future of shit, bitch. You're just David fuckin' Porter.”
Paul McCartney called "God Only Knows" the greatest song ever written.
“- Edward 'Eddie' Simmons: When you're making out, which do you prefer, Sinatra or Mathis?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: I like Presley.”
“Jimi Hendrix played the National Anthem because I told him to.”
“- Cat: All rock stars are older now. Steven Tyler, David Bowie, Mick Jagger...
- Pete: Paul McCartney.
- Ronnie: Okay, stop it. Everybody that you are mentioning looks like an old woman now. You're just mentioning a bunch of Jessica Tandys. Keith Richards gets away with it, but that's because Keith Richards looked 70 when he was 40. And now that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“To just do nothing but sing like a good jazz singer is hard.”
“- Aja: Did you just quote a Beyoncé song?
- Jem: Yeah, cuz she got it so right!”
“Oh my God... what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars? God, this place is bigger than our whole apartment.”
“Unpleasant man. No one has yet worked out what really makes him tick. But he sings well.”
“It seems to me hilarious that our government put the face of Elvis Presley on a postage stamp after he died from an overdose of drugs. His fans don’t mention that because they don’t want to give up their myths. They ignore the fact that he was a drug addict and claim he invented rock ‘n’ roll when in fact he took it from black culture.”
“- Hillary: Guys are dogs.
- Jane: Axl Rose?
- Hillary: Yeah he's a dog, but with him it's like he knows what he is and he's not a phony and thats cool.”