“Eastern Promises” quotes(2007)
All actors – Josef Altin, Mina E. Mina, Aleksandar Mikic, Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse, Lalita Ahmed, Badi Uzzaman, Naomi Watts, Doña Croll, Raza Jaffrey, Sinéad Cusack, Jerzy Skolimowski, Tatiana Maslany, Viggo Mortensen, Vincent Cassel, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Shannon-Fleur Roux, Lillibet Langley, Mia Soteriou, Radoslaw Kaim, Donald Sumpter, Rhodri Wyn Miles, Tereza Srbova, Elisa Lasowski, Cristina Catalina, Alice Henley, Faton Gerbeshi, David Papava, Tamer Hassan, Gergo Danka, Michael Sarne, Boris Isarov, Yuri Klimov, Andrzej Borkowski, Olegar Fedoro, Diane Beck, Morne Botes, Tony Cook, James Fiddy, Tatiana Lavrentieva, Wayne Morgan-Williams, Anna Pernicci, Robert Roman Ratajczak, Rebecca Reid, Peter Rnic, John Warman, Chris Wilsonshow all
“Eastern Promises” Quotes 9 quotes
“- Anna: So you've read the diary. How can you keep doing what you're doing?
- Nikolai Luzhin: I'm just a driver.”
“Anger is dangerous. It makes people do stupid things.”
“- Nikolai Luzhin: I need you to take Semyon out of the picture. I want you to arrest him.
- Yuri: Arrest him for what?
- Nikolai Luzhin: Rape. The girl was 14.
- Yuri: And of course she will testify?
- Nikolai Luzhin: She is dead, but she had Semyon's baby. If you can prove baby was his, and girl was underage, that is statutory rape. You have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes, if things are closed, you just, open them up.”
“- Anna: My uncle has gone missing, since I told you about him translating the diary.
- Nikolai Luzhin: Your uncle is fine, he is in Edinburgh, in a 5-star hotel. I was ordered to send him to heaven with a bullet in his brain... instead I gave him a first class ticket to Scotland. He is old-school, he understands things... exile or death.”
“Sometimes birth and death go together.”
“It's always good to have someone who I can trust, to do simple tasks. In this business, sometimes the biggest danger comes from the most stupid things.”
“- Anna: Why are you doing this, why are you helping us?
- Nikolai Luzhin: I can't become king if someone else already sits on the throne.”
“- Anna: How did you get in here?
- Semyon: There are always open doors, Anna Ivanovna.”